By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - White Day - korean HORROR Game release in august (usa/europe)

The horror game White Day: A Labyrinth Named School for PS4 launches August 1 in North America, August 4 in Europe.

Story: Starting a new school is never easy, especially when it’s one plagued by rumours of violent murders and vengeful spirits. Unfortunately for Hui-min Lee, it takes less than two days before Yeondoo High School’s newest student finds himself trapped inside the building overnight – and thrown face-to-face with the malevolent spirits roaming the corridors. It started off innocently enough: Hui-min had intended to quickly sneak in and out to hide some chocolates in the locker of a classmate. But as soon as he stepped foot inside the shutters slammed closed for the night, locking him inside with possessed janitors hellbent on killing intruders, and vengeful ghosts eager to sap his lifeforce away. Can Hui-min sneak though the school and discover a way out? Or is he fated to become yet another ghost haunting the classrooms of Yeondoo High School?

The infos sounds cool, i have interest. With "Uncharted The Lost Legacy" and "Yakuza Kiwami" in august. I'm ready : )

Around the Network

I remember the original one, and was interested in this remake. I wonder if it'll get a physical release.

Inb4 people get triggered by the name.

But this looks really cool. I love these outlasty style horror games, they really get to me in the best of ways.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

ArchangelMadzz said:

But this looks really cool. I love these outlasty style horror games, they really get to me in the best of ways.

Well, the original White Day actually predates Outlast by over 10 years! But yeah, I remember that this game had a janitor which would always chase after you and you had to hide from.

I played a fan translation of the original a few years ago. Excellent atmosphere and very scary, especially for a game that came out 15 years ago. I'll definitely pick up the remake.

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4

Around the Network
VGPolyglot said:
ArchangelMadzz said:

Well, the original White Day actually predates Outlast by over 10 years! But yeah, I remember that this game had a janitor which would always chase after you and you had to hide from.

I wasn't trying to say it was copying or anything, I just feel it's the best way to refer to this subset of horror games by just naming it after the most popular IP of the sub genre :) 

But that's cool I had no idea this already existed. 

ArchangelMadzz said:
VGPolyglot said:

I wasn't trying to say it was copying or anything, I just feel it's the best way to refer to this subset of horror games by just naming it after the most popular IP of the sub genre :) 

Yeah, I'm not sure what the first game to have the style is, I think it may be Hellnight/Dark Messiah, as that's from 1998.

VGPolyglot said:
ArchangelMadzz said:

Yeah, I'm not sure what the first game to have the style is, I think it may be Hellnight/Dark Messiah, as that's from 1998.

I liked the evil within's opening mission due to that factor of being in this style. But after 2 hours of playing I just couldn't get into it after that, shame I feel like it was probably good. 

I watched a Let's Play of this a few years ago. If this remake only improves on the original, then you guys are in for a treat.

I remember playing this a few years ago. I hope they made some fixes to it. Its horror is done well, but it has its share of issues. The janitor came out way too often and made it hard to progress in the game. Hopefully they fixed that...

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread