By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why Are Devs Leaving Xbox?

To get your Friday going.

Why Are Devs Leaving Xbox?

Takeaway: Killing creative freedom = BAD!

Around the Network

XBox is too unpopular. Much larger customer base on just about every other platform. Switch is closing in fast.

Yep. Some new info, and some older stuff I already knew about. He didn't even get into the various indies who've expressed the same feeling toward MS over the years, or the Scalebound clusterfuck, which was again, MS wrapping their tentacles around a dev, and choking out the creativity and vision of the artists.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Bandorr said:
Yeah I'm not giving Red dragon any views. If you want to discuss it, you will need to bullet point the ideas.

Never heard of this guy. Why don't you like him?

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Because of Microsoft doing what they have been doing for nearly two decades?

Hunting Season is done...

Around the Network
Zoombael said:
Because of Microsoft doing what they have been doing for nearly two decades?

It's more of a "Microsoft doing what they have been doing for nearly two decades while other platform manufacturers are actively making things more accommodating" thing.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Because its boooooooring.

He makes a good point that's likely right on the money. MS strangles any creative freedom from their devs to the point they want out.

That ED Fries story is so old. You find old interviews from early 2000 where he stated that their should be no deadlines and games devs can ask so much time like they want. He was the nicest and most game dev friendly person at Xbox and he almost was responsible that MS killed Xbox.

Secondly publishers are easy to blame. Game is buggy blame the publishers for the deadline (even when you three years ago admitted that 3 years financial support is more than enough time to make the game). I think in the industry their are a lot of devs who just lie that they can finish a game before a particular deadline for some financial security.

Every developers will want to make games for the Scorpio. Scorpio will have many exclusive games because of how powerful it is so it will be hard to port games to the ps4 and switch.