By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Switch Online announced

If this were 60 bucks it would suck. At 20 bucks it's serviceable.

Around the Network

$20 is an okay price honestly. Still won't pay for it though.

Hell, count me in! I just hope they're spending this extra time to flesh the service out more.

JWeinCom said:
A lesser service for a lesser price. Seems reasonable.

I'm not loving the fact that they only announced NES games for added online play. There weren't really that many great multiplayer NES games in the first place. If you have some N64 and Gamecube titles though... that would make this kind of a bargain.

My assumption was that this would be an extention of the NES Remix franchise started on the Wii U, rather than the actual original games. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's why single player games make sense to me here. A BS Zelda situation.

Captain_Yuri said:
I wonder which games won't be requiring the online fee to play them online since it says "most games will require a paid online service subscription from Nintendo in order to play online."

I'm wondering about this too. But it's likely to be for games with limited online gameplay such as leaderboards and things like that. Maybe even for some older games? Although unlikely, I could see Nintendo making MK8D online free once MK9 comes out or something.

Around the Network

Guys. Great news.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Slarvax said:

Guys. Great news.

This is all I needed, count me in.... whenever i can get a switch

That's pretty cheap. The games given out some fairly underwhelming but it makes sense at that price point. I'm guessing the revenue from this won't exactly equal top quality servers or whatnots but I doubt it would be a big deal.

Cheaper than the competition but they are still charging for online. A bit depressing, the last line falls.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

spemanig said:
Captain_Yuri said:
I wonder which games won't be requiring the online fee to play them online since it says "most games will require a paid online service subscription from Nintendo in order to play online."

Animal Crossing?

I don't think Nintendo has done a good job at all at making this service seem like it's even worth $1. Hopefully this "trial" rectifies that, though I wonder what features will be missing until the pay-time comes.

Also, I hate when Nintendo just gives a general year. Everyone is expecting Q1 when it will probably be delayed until Q4, and that's not a good thing when this whole mess comes off so bare bones as it is.

EDIT: Also, didn't we know it would be $20 for months? That's what the japanese price revealed/leaked months back implied.

We will see how it goes. I am not a fan of paying $60 a month cause I just don't care for the games so if PS gave me a $20 option, I'd buy that anyday.

Of couse, neither are even close to what steam offers but I guess at some point, wishing for a steam like service on consoles is nothing but a dream.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Aside from the app everything else sounds compelling.