By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Switch Online announced

$€20 to fiddle around with a mobile app. Personally to me online gaming is worth no price whatsoever, but at least it's cheaper than the other services.

Around the Network
Goodnightmoon said:
vivster said:

Kinda sad to see so many Nintendo fans just fall flat on their belly instead of fighting against this injustice, like they did when it was still free. Apparently that goalpost was so lightweight, a simple swaft by Nintendo's hands was enough to move it.

Stop being annoying, everyone has already shit enough about the online situation but the fact that at least is really cheap is good news no matter how you put it, a few forum dwellers crying ain't going to change Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft plans about online subscriptions so you making a drama about it is useless.

A $20 price increase isn't cheap. And no, nobody has complained enough yet. Imagine what would happen if MS or Sony would increase their price by $5 or Ubisoft or EA starting to demand money to play their games online. The outcry would be unimaginable.

So no, there is not nearly enough outrage to satisfy me. I demand justice!

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Stop being annoying, everyone has already shit enough about the online situation but the fact that at least is really cheap is good news no matter how you put it, a few forum dwellers crying ain't going to change Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft plans about online subscriptions so you making a drama about it is useless.

A $20 price increase isn't cheap. And no, nobody has complained enough yet. Imagine what would happen if MS or Sony would increase their price by $5 or Ubisoft or EA starting to demand money to play their games online. The outcry would be unimaginable.

I hope you are trolling

Goodnightmoon said:
vivster said:

I hope you are trolling

I hope you are.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Goodnightmoon said:
vivster said:

Kinda sad to see so many Nintendo fans just fall flat on their belly instead of fighting against this injustice, like they did when it was still free. Apparently that goalpost was so lightweight, a simple swaft by Nintendo's hands was enough to move it.

Stop being annoying, everyone has already shit enough about the online situation but the fact that is at least really cheap is good news no matter how you put it, a few forum dwellers crying ain't going to change Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft plans about online subscriptions so you making a drama about it is useless.

How long it's going to take for PC games to start paying for subscription, then? Firts there was XBOX live and noone complained, then the PS4 started charging for a service that used to be free, and nobody complained, and when Nintendo does it too, most of the reactions are close to "meh" rather than an actual response. If companies see they can charge for services that once were free, what's to stop them from charging for their online on PC too? A 5-10$/year to play CoD or BF would make them lots of mad cash, and there seems to be no kind of backlash against it, so why not?

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network
vivster said:
Jranation said:

Im still waiting for "certain users" to make this thread a war zone xD 

What warzone? Can't you read all the comments? $20 is great value for a free service and 12 old games you cannot choose yourself. It's like a horrible humble bundle.

I agree $20 is a bad value proposition compared to PC. Comparing consoles, 20$ for a free service and 12 games you cannot choose yourself is a far better value proposition than 60$ for a free service and 12 games you cannot choose yourself.

freebs2 said:
vivster said:

What warzone? Can't you read all the comments? $20 is great value for a free service and 12 old games you cannot choose yourself. It's like a horrible humble bundle.

I agree $20 is a bad value proposition compared to PC. Comparing consoles, 20$ for a free service and 12 games you cannot choose yourself is a far better value proposition than 60$ for a free service and 12 games you cannot choose yourself.

PS+ also gives you discounts & cloud storage... also it's not 12 games.... you get 72 games per year with ps+ currently. I'd also rather have Life is Strange or Killing Floor 2 as free games then nes titles people have been playing for decades.

When it comes to "value" you can't say one is better then the other, it might be better for you. Both have their merits.

I'm still on the fence about my Switch. MK8 has been fun, but the UI is so incredibly bland that I simply can't see myself paying any amount just to play games online. Plus, given Nintendo's track record, I don't foresee a lot of games having online play anyways.

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

Barkley said:
freebs2 said:

PS+ also gives you discounts & cloud storage... also it's not 12 games.... you get 72 games per year with ps+ currently. I'd also rather have Life is Strange or Killing Floor 2 as free games then nes titles people have been playing for decades.

When it comes to "value" you can't say one is better then the other, it might be better for you. Both have their merits.

Besides the fact it's 72 on 3 different systems (two of which have are basically dead), I barely have the the time to play form 10 to 20 games for year, why should I care for 72 I don't even choose. Add to the fact, if a game that really interests me comes for free on PSN chances are I've already played and payed it. If you have the free time to play those and then play the games you're actually looking forward to play than yes, it's a very good value proposition.

freebs2 said:
Barkley said:

Besides the fact it's 72 on 3 different systems (two of which have are basically dead), I barely have the the time to play form 10 to 20 games for year, why should I care for 72 I don't even choose. If you have the free time to play those and then play the games you're actually looking forward to play than yes, it's a very good value proposition.

Which is fine, Switch subscription is better for you. Doesn't mean the statement you made is right.