By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How could your favorite company flub this e3?

What would really disappoint me is if the four worlds already shown turn out to be the only worlds in Mario Odyssey. I think it's highly unlikely, but still...

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Bluedestroyer_82/

Online Games: Speedrunners, Payday, Friday the 13th, Dead by Daylight, Rocket League, etc.

Switch: 7518-9635-4492

Online Games: ARMS, Splatoon 2, MK8D, Puyo Puyo Tetris, etc.

Around the Network
Mandalore76 said:
vivster said:
Microsoft: Continue to make consoles and exclusive games
Sony: Continue to make consoles and exclusive games
Nintendo: Continue to make consoles and exclusive games

Piranha Bytes: Not release Elex this year

Because why should the consumer have a choice right?

They have proven they cannot be trusted with TV game boxes since they won't stop releasing exclusive games which eliminate choice for consumers. It's time for better TV game box producers that won't make stupid exclusives for their box only. Self configurable boxes with what hardware or games or peripherals they want is the ultimate choice, not closed systems with no choice at all.

Please tell me what console choice I have when I want to use an Xbox controller or want to play Uncharted. Can I do that with my Switch?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
Mandalore76 said:

Because why should the consumer have a choice right?

They have proven they cannot be trusted with TV game boxes since they won't stop releasing exclusive games which eliminate choice for consumers. It's time for better TV game box producers that won't make stupid exclusives for their box only. Self configurable boxes with what hardware or games or peripherals they want is the ultimate choice, not closed systems with no choice at all.

Please tell me what console choice I have when I want to use an Xbox controller or want to play Uncharted. Can I do that with my Switch?

In your world, the Switch wouldn't exist in the first place.  There would just be one box with little reason to innovate.  Why stop there?  Why not protest that HBO produces Game of Thrones only for HBO.  Why not complain that DC doesn't let Marvel put Superman in the Avengers movies.  Why not have just 1 brand of soda, or 1 make and model of car while we're at it. 

You prefer gaming on your PC and your phone, no one is stopping you.  But it's no excuse to constantly whine about console manufacturers creating individual and unique hardware for the consumer to choose from.

Mandalore76 said:
vivster said:

Please tell me what console choice I have when I want to use an Xbox controller or want to play Uncharted. Can I do that with my Switch?  ****Can't you already do that on PC with PSNow??

In your world, the Switch wouldn't exist in the first place.  There would just be one box with little reason to innovate.  Why stop there?  Why not protest that HBO produces Game of Thrones only for HBO.  Why not complain that DC doesn't let Marvel put Superman in the Avengers movies.  Why not have just 1 brand of soda, or 1 make and model of car while we're at it. 

You prefer gaming on your PC and your phone, no one is stopping you.  But it's no excuse to constantly whine about console manufacturers creating individual and unique hardware for the consumer to choose from.

TallSilhouette said:
Jumpin said:
Meh, probably best to stop pretending it's 2005. E3 is not nearly as big or important as it once was. It has lost a lot of weight. There aren't many announcements anymore, and even Nintendo has stated they plan to do their big announcements at another time. Their plans are for an extended length Direct focused on the rest of the year.

Gamescom is the most popular show of the year, and is now multiple times bigger than E3. While E3 gets under 50K in attendance and 200 exhibitors, Gamescom saw 345,000 people, including more than 6000 journalists, and over 700 exhibitors from 88 countries.

Because E3 used to be a press only event and still has limited access to the public. E3 is still the home for the biggest conferences and reveals. 

I'm not buying it. It's very clear that E3 is declining. Looking at attendance trends, E3 back in 2005 did 70K, it's declined by 30% over the years while other events have expanded significantly. In the past, it is true that the biggest announcements and all of the biggest companies held press conferences, but this has declined substantially over the years, as Nintendo (Formerly E3's biggest contributor for big announcements) no longer holds a press conference at E3 or makes big announcements there. In addition to them, 2 of the other top 5 companies, Activision and EA also no longer hold press conferences at E3. Activision has been lowering its E3 presence, period, over the years. That's 60% of the top 5 phasing out press conferences at E3, a very steep decline.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network
Jumpin said:
Meh, probably best to stop pretending it's 2005. E3 is not nearly as big or important as it once was. It has lost a lot of weight. There aren't many announcements anymore, and even Nintendo has stated they plan to do their big announcements at another time. Their plans are for an extended length Direct focused on the rest of the year.

Gamescom is the most popular show of the year, and is now multiple times bigger than E3. While E3 gets under 50K in attendance and 200 exhibitors, Gamescom saw 345,000 people, including more than 6000 journalists, and over 700 exhibitors from 88 countries.

E3 still holds lots of weight, I dont even check gamescom. In fact, I dont know of any game that was announced at gamescom, and i follow game news practically daily.

Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda!!!!

axumblade said:

Whether it is Giant Crabs, Don Mattrick or whatever Nintendos 2008 conference was....All of the big 3 have made some terrible misteps in the past. Even when it comes to just hearing leaks of "announcements" that do not actually exist can ruin a perfectly good conference. It can also be a big issue when your whole conference leaks a week before the conference even happens but that can arguably build up more hype or leave you disappointed. So what I would like to know is what would be one way for your favorite company could mess up their e3 presentation? 

Since I've been on a Nintendo kick lately, my fear is they will spend too much time focused on recent Indie games that have been announced for the Switch instead of focusing on the 1st party titles we are all eagerly waiting for. I don't necessarily think this will happen but this thread is about hypotheticals. 

By releasing PS5...Nothing till 2020