Forums - Politics Discussion - Trump Paris Meta-Decision

Should Trump stay or not?

Yes, stay 119 50.42%

No, don't stay 102 43.22%

Not sure 15 6.36%

Total:236
Jpcc86 said:
Peh said:
A christian's mentality destroying our world. Why I am not surprised?

Salt is jummy. 

Yet, it doesn't seem that you are disagreeing with my statement. 

WolfpackN64 said:
Peh said:
A christian's mentality destroying our world. Why I am not surprised?

This has nothing to do with Christianity.

In a kind of way it does. As a christian you believe that one day Jesus will return to earth and that's where his fight against Satan will start. All the people who believe in christianity will move on to heaven, while the rest will stay on earth where it gets slowly destroyed. Why should someone with that kind of mentality care about our planet in the first place when he strongly believe it will be destroyed very soon and he/she move to heaven for being such a good christian? Why should someone give a shit about this planet. It's just made for men.  

Young earth creationists and faithful christians are dangerous in their mindset, because of that. Trump ignoring scientific facts is just one more thing strong theists have in common.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_views_on_environmentalism

https://sojo.net/articles/why-it-difficult-get-christians-care-about-earth

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

Around the Network

It was the right choice. The agreement was not in the interest of America, rather the burden more than anyone else was put on us. Not a good deal.

IkePoR said:
bettergetdave said:

I agree with the OP. Also really good point about him doing it strategically. I think he is way more strategic than people give him credit for. I think we should opt out. Scientist have been telling me the world is going to end due to pollution since the early 80s. I think taking care of the environment is good but not at an extreme expense to the economy. Further I don't agree with those that say we are sacrificing economic security today for millions of lost lives later. You have no way of knowing that and it is your opinion and that is it. 

Science is not an opinion.

Science is not an opinion, but scientists do speak about opinions quite often.

The science says climate change is real. How much of it is due to or can be changed by human activity is an opinion. Yes, we know that carbon emissions are bad. but we don't know how much it changes the equation. Scientists are humans too - they speculate on things beyond the facts as well.

robzo100 said:
IkePoR said:

Science is not an opinion.

Science is not an opinion, but scientists do speak about opinions quite often.

The science says climate change is real. How much of it is due to or can be changed by human activity is an opinion. Yes, we know that carbon emissions are bad. but we don't know how much it changes the equation. Scientists are humans too - they speculate on things beyond the facts as well.

Sounds like the Skittles analogy.  It's bad, we don't know how bad, but let's take the chance.

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

I think this will be remembered as a defining moment in history, when America lost its place as a guiding star for most of the world. Short term it might give the American economi a slight boost, but this will be so bad for the same economy in the long run.

I have decided to boycott most American made products, and I urge others to do the same. To me the US is a relic of the past. The rest of the world will do just fine without it.

Around the Network
Peh said:
WolfpackN64 said:

This has nothing to do with Christianity.

In a kind of way it does.

It has nothing to do with Christianity because Donald Trump's religion is Donald Trump. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

method114 said:
Naum said:
So Russia is still in it... China is still in it...North F**king Korea is in it...but not you....I hope most US citizens are ashamed of this decision..

China being in it makes me question what affect this will even have. Have you been to China? It's polluted to hell. They have daily reports warning you about how bad the pollution is. I have a hard time believing that they are going to change this all of a sudden.

Doesn't that just make them more likely to be serious about cleaning up their pollution?  The USA had a serious environmental problem in the '70s and '80s as I understand it and we got the EPA (which Trump hates now), Superfund cleaning up some of the really bad sites, Clean Air Act, etc.  When was the last time you heard about acid rain? 

The point is, if the problem is that bad in China (and I hear that it is) then that gives them a huge incentive to work on the problem. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Final-Fan said:
Peh said:

In a kind of way it does.

It has nothing to do with Christianity because Donald Trump's religion is Donald Trump. 

Well, he says he is a christian and he also isn't very sure about it. But idiotism plays also a huge role for him.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

Hamister said:
I think this will be remembered as a defining moment in history, when America lost its place as a guiding star for most of the world. Short term it might give the American economi a slight boost, but this will be so bad for the same economy in the long run.

I have decided to boycott most American made products, and I urge others to do the same. To me the US is a relic of the past. The rest of the world will do just fine without it.

Haha you go ahead and do that buddy, have fun..

Snobbily looking down on Americans and scapegoating them for all the world's problems is so edgy duude!

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

spurgeonryan said:
WolfpackN64 said:

No, stepping out brings you at a disadvantage. Do you honestly believe people will want American coal and cars when the rest of the world runs solar and electrical. This is going to be an economic disaster in the long run.

You do know that countries like China and India have different standards than the US in that agreement right? As in they can have an increase in Coal for another decade before they have to cut back. Meanwhile we are expected to go down. That is just one example.

We had way stricter guidlines than other big countries. Meanwhile all our jobs and money goes to those countries who are still allowed to cheaply produce these items.

You do know China is already ahead of the US in cutting emissions and will at this rate only continue to humaliate the US.