By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Do you drink?

Yes 121 54.02%

No 103 45.98%

Total:224
Nighthawk117 said:
Uhhhh.....Being addicted to anything is always 100% psychological.....It's never physical... It's always in your head.

Christ, this ain't rocket science ladies and gents.

No it's not rocket science, it's basic psychology ;)

You could also say: There's no such thing as a purely psychological addiction
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/all-about-addiction/201007/physical-addiction-or-psychological-addiction-is-there-real

When you mess with the chemical balance of your body it will slowly start to adapt, meaning that you can get to a state where withholding the drug can have severe effects, even cause death. That includes (rare) cases of dying from alcohol withdrawal. (besides suicide obviously)

Getting addicted to painkillers can completely skip the psychological stage, for example being put on pain meds after an accident. 2 weeks is enough to form a physical dependence. Take it too long and stopping all at once would be inadvisable.

Around the Network
Nighthawk117 said:
Uhhhh.....Being addicted to anything is always 100% psychological.....It's never physical... It's always in your head.

Uhhh...what?

Only when I'm driving. I read a statistic somewhere about drinking and driving, and was shocked to learn that 4 out of 5 traffic related deaths are caused by sober drivers. Now I never get into my car without a beer in hand.

But in seriousness...yes. Love the taste of beer, the buzz I get off wine, and generally relaxing feeling I get from liquor. I'm a tense person, so it helps me have more fun socially, and unwind after a stressful day at work.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

I'm lucky enough that I don't like the taste. Not poisoning myself is a great side benefit.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I used to. Heavily.
Stopped when I became a christian.
Sometimes I feel like buying a bottle of wine to forget about my problems, but this is a spiral I do not intend to fall into never again.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Around the Network

I'm a social drinker. I only drink beer during parties or on rare occasions. Never more than 4 bottles as I don't want to get drunk.

Yep, probably well more than I should.

Beer (mainly craft, particularly from local breweries) more when I'm out socializing or kicking back watching a ball game, Rum and coke or vodka mixed drinks moreso when I'm chilling at home. Been getting somewhat into gin and tonic lately as well.. 

When you have issues with anxiety and shyness, combined with frequent boredom, it's just a recipe for disaster as booze helps on all these fronts..

For awhile I kinda justified given these circumstances and the fact that it's really one of my few vices - never done drugs aside from some weed in my college days (which is like 8 years ago now), don't smoke accept for an occasional cigar, etc.. But still, I definitly need to cut back, as it's getting to a level where I'm noticing it takes increasingly more alcohol for me to feel the effects, (though I often still feel the NEGATIVE effects the following morning).  

Don't feel it's reached a point where it's a problem yet but the potential is certainly there, which is why I completely refrain from alcohol at least 3 or 4 days a week (even if it's just a day on, a day off, two on, two off, etc..) If it ever reaches the point where I struggle to do that, that's when I worry.. Tonight is one of the nights I've commited NOT to drink, so reading through this thread is making that a bit difficult haha.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

Nighthawk117 said:

That's a 100% false. Drugs like Alcohol and Opiates can become physical dependancies. You can literally become immobilized from withdraws. Also you can develop brain damage, heart conditions, or even die from extreme sudden withdraws. 

Yes I do in moderation, two drinks I love

Yes i love to drink its my passion and hobby
I drink mostly beer vodka whiskey wine and i enjoy it

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS