By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - I met Hillary Clinton

Thats quite good, some nice pics.

Manchester United 2008-09 Season - Trophies & Records

Barclays Premier League 2008-09: 1st // UEFA Champions League 2008-09: Finals (Yet To Play) // FIFA Club World Cup: Winners // UEFA Super Cup: Runners-up // FA Cup: Semi-Finals // League (Carling) Cup: Winners // FA (Charity) Community Shield: Winners
Records: First British Team To Win FIFA Club World Cup, New Record for No. Of Consecutive Clean Sheets In Premier League, New English & British League Records for Minutes Without Conceding, New Record For Going Undeafeated In Champions League (25 games ongoing), First British Team To Beat FC Porto In Portugal, First Club To Defeat Arsenal At The Emirates In European Competition, First Team In English League Football History To Win 3 Titles Back To Back On Two Seperate Ocassions
Around the Network
PDF said:
Phendrana said:
@Snesboy That war is keeping our freedom? What freedom is that? I don't seem to recall Iraq being any threat to America besides the WMDs that didn't even exist. Do you still believe Saddam had a part in 9/11?

As for the candidates, McCain and Clinton are both the same old bought and paid for politicians in the pockets of special interest groups. While I might not agree with all of Obama's policies, he represents a change in America. I think Americans are sick of being lied to while our "leaders" make their corporate friends richer, and I think they'll show this come election day.

McCain is the only candidate out of the 3 without earmarks. I dont know how much money he has recieved from PACS but he obviously doesnt answer them as he gave nothing to no interest groups.

Obama wont bring change. He never has and he if elected he never will. Alteast not the type of change he talks about. He talks as if change and reform are one in which they are not. Reform changes how the government opperates. Do not expect him to do that. He cant do it without a congress willing to do it and I doubt those are his intentions anyways. He says we need somone who is a washington outsider. Why do we need a washington outsider? What makes him different than a Washington outsider? Nothing other than words that cant be delivered. He will be no different than any other President we have ever had. The only thing he will change is the party and the views of the White House. He will not change how the White House is run.

His views may be a change but so is Hillary views. There is no real difference between them other than she has experience and seen 1st hand what it takes to be in the White House and he hasnt. You say Americans are sick of being lied to by our government. He will continue to lie to us but I believe that he will only lie to us if he thinks it is in out best interest not to know the truth. As for making coorperate friends richer. Hillary wont be doing that either. In matter of fact neither will McCain. McCain voted against the Bush tax cuts because he thought it wasnt a big enough cut for the middle class.

McCain doesn't cater to special interests? He's received over 3/4 of a million dollars from telecom lobbyists. In fact, he has the highest number of lobbyists working in their campaign. He might speak out against accepting money from these groups, but his actions don't follow his words. This is part of the reason I don't like McCain. He'll say one thing and do the exact opposite. Obama on the other hand has returned money donated to his campaign after he found out it was from federal lobbyists. Don't even get me started on the laundry list of bullshit that's come out of Hillary's mouth.

This is exactly what I'm talking about though. I'm not expecting Obama to go into the White House and sweep out all the corruption from Washington. I do, however, want a person running the country who sticks to his principles, who doesn't lie to the people he's supposed to be representing, and who isn't power hungry to the point of doing and saying anything to get elected. Anyone who can't see that Obama is a different style politician than McCain and Clinton hasn't looked into the candidates very well.

"McCain voted against the Bush tax cuts because he thought it wasnt a big enough cut for the middle class."

Yes, he did vote against the tax cuts. In 2001. He's since reversed his decision on that, saying they should become permanent.

Sorry though, I didn't really want to derail your thread into a political discussion. Congrats on your meeting.

I loathe Hillary, but I have to admit I wouldn't pass up the opportunity to meet her. Its just one of those once in a lifetime opportunities. I think it would be petty to pass it up simply because you hate the person. Thats not to say if we discussed politics I would go easy on her, but they're used to that and if she handled it well and didn't recoil I would probably gain respect for her (0+1=1).

To Each Man, Responsibility
Snesboy said:
leo-j said:
@PDF

You lucky piece of, anyhow thats pretty cool, I want her to win simply because Mcain is going to win if she doesnt, and I dont want another 4 years of war.

Though its awsome to meet someone that important in person before.

that war is keeping your freedom buddy.

EVERYONE ELSE! disregard this post  

What freedom? We dont have freedom of $hit, the war is killing innocent people, do you know what if feels if your brother goes and you have a close relationship with him like he's your best friend, and he just dies? You know how bad that would feel?

Republicans dont get it, until they lose someone in the war they'll never get it, they only care for themselves.

mM

You are one lucky man, PDF. Even though, I like Obama it would be nice to meet Hillary as well. If Obama loses the Democratic Race then I will still vote for Hillary.

Around the Network
leo-j said:
Snesboy said:
leo-j said:
@PDF

You lucky piece of, anyhow thats pretty cool, I want her to win simply because Mcain is going to win if she doesnt, and I dont want another 4 years of war.

What freedom? We dont have freedom of $hit, the war is killing innocent people, do you know what if feels if your brother goes and you have a close relationship with him like he's your best friend, and he just dies? You know how bad that would feel?

Republicans dont get it, until they lose someone in the war they'll never get it, they only care for themselves.

Lol, I love how you just lump all republicans together with such declaration. Yup I'm sure there are no democrats that are selfish. And yea, all 120 million republicans don't understand the concept of human loss. You hit that nail on the head.

On a simular note, just because someone is a republican doesn't mean they are pro war. I'm against the Iraqi war but I work in the healthcare field and know that socialized medicine would utterly shatter our healthcare system. If voting against socialized concepts makes me a republican, so be it, but it doesn't make me a war hawk.

leo-j said:
Snesboy said:
leo-j said:
@PDF

I agreed with the president's first term and I think he did deserve a second term, over that bastard John f***ing Kerry.  But after his first term, he got lazy.   Thanks for screwing us over Bush!  Seriously though, Saddam= tyrant.  I'm starting to think the Iraqi's want (or need) a tyrant, they were put in their place when a whole bunch of them were killed, and there was a moderate level of order, and now they abuse freedom... freedom we have given them and they now expect us to babysit them..... I say we pull out and let armageddon begin.

EDIT: I am a Republican, not a democrat.  But I do believe both parties are only looking out for themselves and not the nation.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

No wonder you're always doing the surveys and stuff...

You love politics/elections.

I just got it.

wait, how did this thread turn political?

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Wow nice! I havent met anyone popular yet.

Wii Code: 4819-7684-2396-4558