By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Switch Manages To Survive a 1,000 Feet Drop

I was expecting it to get more damaged but it did pretty well.

Around the Network

Good thing the quality has improved since launch when this happened

https://youtu.be/Cb-srOfRqNc

MegaManX said:

Nothing has improved, that video was complete bullshit about some extremelly rare cases. Switch has way less problems than the average console, but some people were really interested on see it failling, good thing they have no power at all as much as they try. 

Wow, I was expecting worse damage than that. There should be no issues with this thing dropping a few feet then.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

forest-spirit said:
That's pretty amazing but I'm still going to freak out if mine drops at any height above 5cm.

Took the words right out of my mouth lol.  I have major OCD when it comes to my games and consoles.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Around the Network

Looks like the Left Joycon took most of the impact so the main unit didn't get damaged much

Still impressive though

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

SuperNova said:
SpokenTruth said:

These guys do this with hundreds of devices to test which survive and which don't.

And that makes it better how? There's entire channels out there dedicated to putting brand new hardware into BBQs and see what survives, but I can't help but find that very indulgent.

A 1000 foot drop is not a durability test that resembles any real life situation, neither is putting a Switch in your BBQ. This helps consumers in no way and is purely made for entertainment.

I agree, I find videos where people intentionally destory things obnoxious. It's such a show off mentality IMO

SegataSanshiro said:
Here I am scraping and saving to even get one and jerks on YouTube have such disposable income they break them everywhere.

It's probably less about having disposable income and more about gaining money from youtube views. 

Goodnightmoon said:
MegaManX said:

Nothing has improved, that video was complete bullshit about some extremelly rare cases. Switch has way less problems than the average console, but some people were really interested on see it failling, good thing they have no power at all as much as they try. 

That video is definatly overblown, after watching you will think that Switch is unusable, but to be fair some people really had left Joy Con issue and some (even smaller number) had problem with bended dock, while fact is that majority people didnt had any problem, but it seems that no one have any of those problems with newer Switch. In other words, those Switch problems were usually launch problems.

This is why the people clamouring for a glass screen are wrong ... that thing would've been shattered a hundred different ways with a glass screen. Plastic scratches but it won't break nearly as easily. 

To be honest I'm starting to clamour for a smart phone with a plastic screen and no glass at all ... Vita/Switch have good image quality still, and it would be nice to have a phone without having to obscure it's entire "thin" design with a fat case.