By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft partner's Mixed Reality headsets are shamelessly copying PSVR design

So shameless!

Around the Network
KLAMarine said:
Turkish, I'll await your protests when Sony next emulates a design from another company.

How would that be even possible? Sony is the innovator of all things!

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I think they all look way better than PSVR to be honest. Besides isn't PSVR just a bit more advanced virtual boy with a colour display and head tracking.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

If you took all the things off the Playstation controller that were inspired by Nintendo (the analog stick, diamond shaped face button layout, shoulder buttons, rumble, speaker on controller, directional pad) ... all you'd be left with would be a Share button and the touch pad, lol.

Qwark said:

I think they all look way better than PSVR to be honest. Besides isn't PSVR just a bit more advanced virtual boy with a colour display and head tracking.

So Sony is stealing innovation from Nintendo AGAIN!

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
vivster said:
Qwark said:

So Sony is stealing innovation from Nintendo AGAIN!

Well that was my whole point a VR headset is not a new innovative product they are on the market for decades, Nintendo wasn't the first to make one either. It's a dream of devs to ever create a good VR headset and PSVR is one of the first acceptable headset with a decent price. But it still needs lots of polish when the PS5 arrives to prevent motion sickness and improve on the graphics and physics in games. Sega had the first gaming headset with four games developed for it. So Sega copied arcades > Nintendo copied Sega and Arcades> Sony copied Nintendo, Arcades  and Sega. The last headset is actually a succes somehow with RE7 as killer app (litteraly if you have a heart condition). 

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

A headset made up of a screen, headband with housing. How many form factors do you think it can take.

I liked halo reach for the most part. You must have loved it.

Is this a joke? lol

shame on them. they made a headset you can wear on your face, just like PSVR. shame, shame....