By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bethesda e3 2017 showcase (conference over, Wolfenstein II and Evil Within 2 announced)

That was awful. Really underwhelming

Around the Network

Wait that's it? They couldve just done a digital event, there was no need to hold a conference.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

lol People really hate everything about this E3 it seems like.

Well, that was underwhelming. Wolfenstein 2 is the only real point of interest, though I can't shake the feeling that it being nearly indistinguishable from Fallout is a bad thing. Watched for Elder Scrolls, came away with nothing new, not even a VR experiment.

To be honest, they announced one game I'm really looking forward to, so that's a plus that the MS conference really didn't have for me.

Around the Network

What were people expecting from a publisher like Bethesda which only has a few studios ...?

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
pokoko said:
What were people expecting from a publisher like Bethesda which only has a few studios ...?

Do they even need a conference? They just wasted everyones time with a lame conference sol ate at night.

Wasted everyone's time?  You could have not watched it if you weren't interested in their games?  Or watched it tomorrow?  Right?  Did someone hold a gun to your head?  Do you not understand how video works on the internet?  Did you expect them to suddenly sprout a bunch of new studios?

It's like going to McDonalds and then whining because they don't have lobster.  I mean, duh?

But, okay, let's give you the benefit of the doubt--what were you expecting from Bethesda that you'd watch "sol ate at night"?

pokoko said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:

Do they even need a conference? They just wasted everyones time with a lame conference sol ate at night.

Wasted everyone's time?  You could have not watched it if you weren't interested in their games?  Or watched it tomorrow?  Right?  Did someone hold a gun to your head?  Do you not understand how video works on the internet?  Did you expect them to suddenly sprout a bunch of new studios?

It's like going to McDonalds and then whining because they don't have lobster.  I mean, duh?

But, okay, let's give you the benefit of the doubt--what were you expecting from Bethesda that you'd watch "sol ate at night"?

Many people feel like they have an obligation to watch E3 live or it's not the same experience. For many people this is true.

It's also as true as going to McDonalds and ordering a McLobster when they had the promotion. I mean, duh!

Though honestly I never felt Bethesda had enough to warrant their own press conference and they could squeeze in with Microsoft, Sony, and the PC show. I mean what's next? Capcom and Square Enix start their own shows?

Airaku said:
pokoko said:

Many people feel like they have an obligation to watch E3 live or it's not the same experience. For many people this is true.

It's also as true as going to McDonalds and ordering a McLobster when they had the promotion. I mean, duh!

Though honestly I never felt Bethesda had enough to warrant their own press conference and they could squeeze in with Microsoft, Sony, and the PC show. I mean what's next? Capcom and Square Enix start their own shows?

An obligation?  An obligation to watch a videogame conference?  Then they are responsible for their own ridiculousness.  

If you don't think they have enough for their own conference then don't watch it.  Bam, problem solved.