By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Now that Switch is selling, it needs to evolve...

Tryklon said:
Dyllyo said:
So...you want your Switch to be JUST like PC, Xbox and PS4.

Gotcha.

Why? My PS4 doesnt allow me to play, watch a netflix movie, organize all my items in folders, visit 1 or 2 websites, while I'm on the park or traveling on the bus or on the train while going to work... does yours?

So...you want your Switch to be just a limited "insert card, play, remove card, insert card play" type of console? Gotcha. But the XXI century is ringing at the door... apparently it wants to come in.

Jumping in here on this convo....for me yes that's exactly what I would want. It's not called a "limiited, blah blah blah", its called a video game system. It plays games. Done. Why the heck would I want to use a browser or netflix or whatever else through my video game system?? Never understood the appeal of such things. I want my video game system to play games. I already have a computer that does all the other things much more conveniently.

Around the Network

Of Course it will, Switch is less than 3 months on market, it's not like its 1-2 years old. But does not need achievement system.

Better folder organization like 3DS would be good. As for the rest, I prefer an app free experience. Having a ton of different apps automatically forced onto your UI is ugly and overbearing.

It is possible Nintendo might actually release some of these as a surprise during their E3 presentation.  They've done that before.

It has to become something else...

Around the Network

i cant remember the last time i bothered to login and leave a comment, im surprised i remembered my username, i just cant believe how people can go about saying they dont care/its no use for an achievements type of thing on switch, i used to be a big N fan, i sticked through the GC and Wii, but i also had a 360 and the achievements system helped get some extra "juice" off some games, and it really takes NOTHING to implement it, so for Nintendo to not take notes on this and fans to embrace their philosophy its a bit frustrating.

btow is amazing and im sure will hold for countless hours more but i wouldnt mind having some extra goals to aim at..

The Switch is the best console I've yet experienced since Carts were left behind for quickly launching and playing a game... Seriously, it's amazing how fast the process is.

Otherwise, the only thing I miss is the Miiverse. I imagine apps will come with time as they implement the online features.

Netflix is coming.....

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Tryklon said:

Now that Switch is proving to be a success, Nintendo must not sit on their hands and evolve the machine. After 2 months and some patches (up to 2.3.0), the UI is basically the same. I love my Switch, but it's starting to feel a bit limited.

Switch needs:

- an improved UI, with folders, icon organization, etc (3DS like)

- third party apps (social networks, netflix, etc)

- better social integration for sharing, etc

- full fledged browser

- achievement system

- PS: And offcourse, Cloud Saves

I think it's obvious most of this things are coming sooner or later, but I think Nintendo should start mentioning whats on the horizon and whats not. 

I just hope E3 will bring some news on this issues, at least since they are probably disclosing more about the paid online system.

All that you just mentioned is the most basic shit that sould have launched with it in the first place.

Mystro-Sama said:
Tryklon said:

Now that Switch is proving to be a success, Nintendo must not sit on their hands and evolve the machine. After 2 months and some patches (up to 2.3.0), the UI is basically the same. I love my Switch, but it's starting to feel a bit limited.

Switch needs:

- an improved UI, with folders, icon organization, etc (3DS like)

- third party apps (social networks, netflix, etc)

- better social integration for sharing, etc

- full fledged browser

- achievement system

- PS: And offcourse, Cloud Saves

I think it's obvious most of this things are coming sooner or later, but I think Nintendo should start mentioning whats on the horizon and whats not. 

I just hope E3 will bring some news on this issues, at least since they are probably disclosing more about the paid online system.

All that you just mentioned is the most basic shit that sould have launched with it in the first place.

I agree, but I understand that they needed to launch the console on a set date and probably did not have all things ready. But I think it's time to actually start talking about future features.

PS4: Tryklon  Steam: Tryklon

Switch: 0307-6588-7010 | New 2DS XL: 2037-2612-6964

MacBook Air (Mid 2017) | iPhone SE | Apple Watch Series 3