By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Switch vs Ps4 - Who will win 2017 WW

Soundwave said:

Why would things like Destiny 2 boost PS4 sales ... most Destiny fans already have one, IMO stuff like that is not going to boost sales so release list pissing wars are pointless.

$199.99 would be more significant at this stage of the game. 

This is the exact same thing people were saying about CoD after MW2 came out for 360/PS3. But every year sales would explode because there are always new players jumping into franchises every year and a buzz worthy launch of a new game is going to sell consoles.

Around the Network

Guys thread will keep being updated until last week of the year, Sunday 4th of January is when it ends, only 2017 counts, keep in mind that Both fiscal years for Sony and Nintendo only end in March 2018.

If they stay so close, Xmas season will decide the winner.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

iNathan said:
Guys thread will keep being updated until last week of the year, Sunday 4th of January is when it ends, only 2017 counts, keep in mind that Both fiscal years for Sony and Nintendo only end in March 2018.

Dedication I like that, gonna be fun reading it by then and seeing where things landed.

ps4 easily.
no way switch gonna sell 18M this year.

Around the Network
jonathanalis said:
ps4 easily.

If the stock was available it would imo. Anyhow, what makes you think the Ps4 will sell that amount?

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

peachbuggy said:
jonathanalis said:
ps4 easily.

If the stock was available it would imo. Anyhow, what makes you think the Ps4 will sell that amount?

well, history and sony shipping plans(18M). 17.5M last 2 years, and this year we have a full year with ps4+game at 300$. And possible for less at holidays.

Meanwhile, nintendo planned shipping 10M switches through march 2017 to march 2018.

Whilst it would be foolish to write Playstation off, there is the possibility that PS4 won't reach Sony's projections. Also, this:- https://www.ft.com/content/7edcebea-4207-11e7-82b6-896b95f30f58

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

ABizzel1 said:

It's off to a great start, but so was XBO, 3DS, and Wii U until they fell off a cliff sales wise.

All 3 of those devices had already fallen off a cliff by this point while Switch is still selling out in most major markets.

Switch is not comparable at all to those devices post-launch.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Pretty interesting battle this. Ps4 winning in America so far this year. WW it will probably win the year.