By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
NoirSon said:
ktay95 said:

Can't play in handheld mode, I use a weird grip when playing fighting games (kinda like an arcade stick)

That reminds me, wasn't there a arcade stick among the 3rd party accessories for the Switch when it was announced and would it work for this game?

http://nintendoeverything.com/hori-switch-pro-controller-and-arcade-stick-being-released-in-july/

Comes out July, should work fine but no confirmation. Would be a weird setup imo though, just because it would force my right hand to use 2 more buttons than what it does with a pro controller.

Around the Network
ktay95 said:
NoirSon said:

That reminds me, wasn't there a arcade stick among the 3rd party accessories for the Switch when it was announced and would it work for this game?

http://nintendoeverything.com/hori-switch-pro-controller-and-arcade-stick-being-released-in-july/

Comes out July, should work fine but no confirmation. Would be a weird setup imo though, just because it would force my right hand to use 2 more buttons than what it does with a pro controller.

Thanks, with ARMS and Ultra SF 2, I have been thinking about this, although coming out in July, dang they missed a gold mine of an opportunity to potentially get it released alongside Ultra SF 2 just as it is being released as well as the current string SNK fighters are being dropped out there digitally.

ktay95 said:
spemanig said:

This question is for the both of you: what were the controls for the pro controller?

2 issues, guard on L stick sucks and curving punches with left stick is stupid because that is also for moving

In fairness, character movement and punch curving involve the same input in motion controls as well. Still, there needs to be button mapping for this game. Seriously hope it comes for the full game and if not, we should reach out to Nintendo asking for it.

spurgeonryan said:
Motion controllers again?

I kind of hope it does bad so they stop with the god damned motion control shit!

But also hope it is good because I want to continue the momentum...... :''"(

The demo has controller options as well.

Tried this today at the London Comic Con along with a prolong session on Splatoon 2, certainly has promise.

Around the Network

Oh snap you can use the ZL/ZR triggers to punch! I'm sucking now though as I gotta adjust to standard controls.

I just tried some matches. Motion controls work fine. You can get quickly attuned to it.

I will have to buy this game now .

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Einsam_Delphin said:
Oh snap you can use the ZL/ZR triggers to punch! I'm sucking now though as I gotta adjust to standard controls.

Yeah, I just found that out as well. I breathed a sigh of relief after that.

Big oversight that the controller diagrams don't communicate this though.

btw, mai waifu Min Min is terrible at volleyball. Thankfully mai other waifu Ribbon Girl is perfect due to her double jump.

Pretty fun so far after 2 sessions, but I have to admit, Arms hasn't connected with me as fast as Splatoon 1 did in the initial testfire. Also the motion controls are much more fun and satisfying vs the pro / standard (despite being better in that setup).

ktay95 said:
spemanig said:

This question is for the both of you: what were the controls for the pro controller?

2 issues, guard on L stick sucks and curving punches with left stick is stupid because that is also for moving

FYI, this diagram is incomplete: ZL and ZR also function for left and right punches respectively.