By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - JFK and Ronald Reagan Remain Most Beloved Modern Presidents, Bill Clinton Number Fall of Cliff

Reagan's time in office is pretty interesting. Some really good things were accomplished, like controlling inflation, but he also had fantastic timing. He got credit for a lot of things that had already started, like deregulation and the upswing in the economy. He also gets all the credit for "winning the Cold War" and the Berlin wall coming down.

His Presidency kind of set the template for how to set the perception that you were good, in that his supply side policies had great results while he was in office but everyone after had to deal with the raging deficit and fallout. Pretty smart, if you think about it. The overwhelming majority of people are only going to see the short-term effects. Everything after will be laid at the feet of whomever is in office at the time.

And, of course, he was the best speaker we've ever had. That's the image that lasts, even though he was basically a shell of that image near the end.

Around the Network

Poor underrated Carter

Turkish said:
Ronald Reagan was absolutely the worst president the country has elected to date.

All the 1% crap started with his administration.

I mean, that's just patently false. 

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Bill Clinton was a fantastic President.

Trump is a gigantic step down, from the likes of Bill Clinton.

Turkish said:
Ronald Reagan was absolutely the worst president the country has elected to date.

All the 1% crap started with his administration.

And a lot of those 1 percenters are liberal democrat supporters.

Around the Network

Bill Clinton numbers have fallen off a lot?

Do you think its Trump Voters or even Bernie Voters ?

Imo Reagan started off as a crazy person as President but I think moderated quite a bit in the end.

They are all bad

sethnintendo said:
Yea just don't see why Republicans are so eager to suck Reagan's dick. You would think it would be better if they admired better people from their party past like Lincoln and Theodore Roosevelt. I know Theodore eventually went to Progressive Party but he was Republican for a long time.

I guess they miss the good old days when they backed terrorist groups and mined the harbors of a pacific country. Isn't it what Trump's "make America great again" was about?

I don't understand all the praise for JFK, he got the US closer to nuclear war than any other president in history.