By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Monster Hunter XX Coming to Nintendo Switch Japan! [Update: Aug 25th]

Wyrdness said:
dahuman said:

Those graphics would have been acceptable on Switch but on PS4, Xbox, and PC? Fuck no. It looks outdated as fuck and is still running MT Framework which is a last gen engine by now, Capcom can fuck right off if they want to advertise that as something acceptable on more powerful consoles and especially on PC.

MT Framework, Is that confirmed?

Dunno, just what I got from here http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=229473&page=1

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
Nuvendil said:

I do believe that rumor was torpedoed ages ago.  And I highly doubt such a deal would ever happen.  MonHun is firmly entrenched in the handheld space in Japan right now, Capcom wouldn't risk tying it to a home console.

Yes the would do such a thing.  And they'll likely keep making them for handheld too.  best of both worlds. 

Yes, they did the spectacularly stupid.  Should have seen it coming after SFV.  And no, this is not the best of both worlds.  Monster Hunter Worlds on PS4, Xbone, Switch, and PC releasing sinultaneously would be best of both worlds.  Stop trying to spin this with a game you assume may someday be a thing. 

dahuman said:
Wyrdness said:

MT Framework, Is that confirmed?

Dunno, just what I got from here http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=229473&page=1

Those are official details as well so it is using MT Framework.

Nuvendil said:
Kerotan said:

Yes the would do such a thing.  And they'll likely keep making them for handheld too.  best of both worlds. 

Yes, they did the spectacularly stupid.  Should have seen it coming after SFV.  And no, this is not the best of both worlds.  Monster Hunter Worlds on PS4, Xbone, Switch, and PC releasing sinultaneously would be best of both worlds.  Stop trying to spin this with a game you assume may someday be a thing. 

The rumour says Switch still has the series on board only it'll be called Portable/Freedom like previously and will carry on like it usually does, apparently it's a way around the deal Sony made, like I said in another thread:

"It's an interesting saga to speculate over and given Capcom in recent years it's not farfetched tbh MHW has been in development for 4 years and it was claimed the deal was done in a similar manner as SFV so it could have been done back then with SFV as it's claimed Nintendo were never even brought in to make a counter bid. It would tie in with the rumour's claims and MHW's development as SFV was announced in 2014 with MHW still under silence as the rumour said Sony wanted then Generations comes out in 2015 in Japan and does well ( it did better in Japan than MH4U) to the point the higher ups in Capcom realize they miscalculated in thinking the portable scene was on the wane as the sales in Japan increased possibly causing the rumoured strife as now if MHW didn't have the impact they hoped for it would mean a massive drop in sales and revenue from before (remember the MH scene was at one point the only thing raking in money for them) with things heating up when SFV underperformed after it launched and now the MHW project is already under way with the deal signed and too expensive to drop.

This would explain MHXX being given a Switch version (well the leak says it was rushed out) in preparation for the return of the Portable series as the leak claims as it's much like back with the Wii when the was Tri and Portable 3rd (Freedom 3) so they can maintain the portable scene as it would be too big for them to lose, Switch's performance probably added more drama. Remember that Sony in all respect pulled a good move for their platform's sake but even if MH doesn't surface on Switch after XX Nintendo still have massive hitters for Japan anyway in the likes of Pokemon, Animal Crossing, Tomodachi and such with Capcom probably knowing that's a massive pie to not have a piece of."

Wyrdness said:
Nuvendil said:

The rumour says Switch still has the series on board only it'll be called Portable/Freedom like previously and will carry on like it usually does, apparently it's a way around the deal Sony made, like I said in another thread:

"It's an interesting saga to speculate over and given Capcom in recent years it's not farfetched tbh MHW has been in development for 4 years and it was claimed the deal was done in a similar manner as SFV so it could have been done back then with SFV as it's claimed Nintendo were never even brought in to make a counter bid. It would tie in with the rumour's claims and MHW's development as SFV was announced in 2014 with MHW still under silence as the rumour said Sony wanted then Generations comes out in 2015 in Japan and does well ( it did better in Japan than MH4U) to the point the higher ups in Capcom realize they miscalculated in thinking the portable scene was on the wane as the sales in Japan increased possibly causing the rumoured strife as now if MHW didn't have the impact they hoped for it would mean a massive drop in sales and revenue from before (remember the MH scene was at one point the only thing raking in money for them) with things heating up when SFV underperformed after it launched and now the MHW project is already under way with the deal signed and too expensive to drop.

This would explain MHXX being given a Switch version (well the leak says it was rushed out) in preparation for the return of the Portable series as the leak claims as it's much like back with the Wii when the was Tri and Portable 3rd (Freedom 3) so they can maintain the portable scene as it would be too big for them to lose, Switch's performance probably added more drama. Remember that Sony in all respect pulled a good move for their platform's sake but even if MH doesn't surface on Switch after XX Nintendo still have massive hitters for Japan anyway in the likes of Pokemon, Animal Crossing, Tomodachi and such with Capcom probably knowing that's a massive pie to not have a piece of."

If that turns out to be true then I will laugh hard at both Capcom and Sony.  Capcom for being so short sighted and Sony for even bothering with a deal, failing to remember the fact Capcom has betrayed numerous partners, fanbases, userbases, employees, etc over the years :P

But I will believe it when I see it.  Capcom has proven recently that despite having supremely talented developers, they have some of the most ass-backwards executives I've ever seen who are always willing ot sacrifice the future on the alter of the present for the sake of a quick buck.  And they have also shown there's no level of stupid they won't do.

Around the Network
Nuvendil said:

If that turns out to be true then I will laugh hard at both Capcom and Sony.  Capcom for being so short sighted and Sony for even bothering with a deal, failing to remember the fact Capcom has betrayed numerous partners, fanbases, userbases, employees, etc over the years :P

But I will believe it when I see it.  Capcom has proven recently that despite having supremely talented developers, they have some of the most ass-backwards executives I've ever seen who are always willing ot sacrifice the future on the alter of the present for the sake of a quick buck.  And they have also shown there's no level of stupid they won't do.

That's what's funny about it as if it all turns out true which given his record so far he's been on point and Freedom/Portable 5 does turn up it would be amusing because at that point I'd hope MHW is good and does well enough at least because if it bombs it would be a slap in the face for Sony.

Problem is having followed the series since the original PS2 release I don't really see MHW making much of a splash like all the non portable MH's bar Tri which itself pales in comparison to the portable community.

Wyrdness said:
Nuvendil said:

I don't know wtf is happening within Capcom TBH, outside of RE7, everything else has been either super shitty looking or super shitty period lately with them. They better not fuck up the new MvC with like 1 button 60 hit combos or some shit. I'm about to give up on them if this keeps happening. It's like they slowly lost their abilities to pump out good games constantly halfway through the last gen and they used to be one of my favorite devs.

Nuvendil said:
Kerotan said:

It's most certainly the best of both Worlds if this happens: 

Ps4/xb1/pc get the world series and they keep making the portable series for the Switch to get all those Japan handheld sales.  

Much better situation then before when only Nintendo fans could enjoy MH properly.