By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why no ARMS amiibo?

I agree. These characters has too much carisma and it demands amiibos for all of them

Around the Network
Johnw1104 said:
I want one of them Twintelle amiibo for... reasons.

Twintelle and Bayonetta Amiibo.

KrspaceT said:
VideoGameAccountant said:
I think Nintendo is moving away from amiibo. I'm starting to see stores remove the displays and Nintendo didn't even report amiibo sales in their last financial release. Disney and Activision seem to be doing the same as well. The only Switch exclusive game that has them is Splatoon 2 (in part because Splatoon 1 had them). ARMS and 1-2-Switch don't use them. I think ARMS isn't getting them because Nintendo is slowly moving out of the amiibo game.

Zelda and Pikmin say hi

Zelda amiibo were started back in 2016 (though I did forget about Pikmin).

But as I said, I think Nintendo is moving away from them (as they are releasing other amiibo this year outside the ones you mentioned). It definitely seems like they are scaling back. Unless these amiibo sell gangbusters, Nintendo will begin to winddown amiibo. 

Visit my site for more

Known as Smashchu in a former life

areason said:
Why lock content behind amibos?

I mainly view amiibos as just collectable figurines of Nintendo characters.  If there is content behind the amiibo then it should be handled like it was in Star Fox which allowed the unlock after beating the game if you didn't have the amiibo. 

KrspaceT said:

Zelda and Pikmin say hi

But as I said, I think Nintendo is moving away from them (as they are releasing other amiibo this year outside the ones you mentioned). It definitely seems like they are scaling back. Unless these amiibo sell gangbusters, Nintendo will begin to winddown amiibo. 

If they can't get stores to carry them anymore then they could always just sell it through their online store.  I'm not sure why they just don't have items such as the NES Classic on their online store.  They could then gauge the demand and supply through the orders online (they could even state there is a 2 week wait before shipping out and I'm sure plenty of customers would still order).  Their online store is pretty small and I understand they don't want to put too many products on there but damn put some more.

Around the Network
sethnintendo said:

If they can't get stores to carry them anymore then they could always just sell it through their online store.  I'm not sure why they just don't have items such as the NES Classic on their online store.  They could then gauge the demand and supply through the orders online (they could even state there is a 2 week wait before shipping out and I'm sure plenty of customers would still order).  Their online store is pretty small and I understand they don't want to put too many products on there but damn put some more.

I've argued they do that back when amiibo were selling like hotcakes. 

As an aside, I think the NES Classic issue is that Nintendo doesn't need it and wants Switch manufactured instead.

Visit my site for more

Known as Smashchu in a former life

twintail said:
At E3 they will announce Smash WiiU port to Switch with Splatoon and an Arms character. And then you will get your amiibo announcement.

i think the same