By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Have you ever suffered from drug addiction? How did you get out/how are you coping with it?

I used cocaine from 16 till 24. 8 years. One day i woke up and i didnt had anything to sniff. So i stayed that one day without. And had a long conversation with my family about everything. It was a great day. At that moment i realized that i was high. I was so offteb on cocaine that the days without seems like high for me. The next morning i went to an after hour club without using anything. It was crazy. The people where sweating. Didnt sleep for 48 hours. Like zombies. I realized. Thats bullshit and i never touch it again. Cigarettes yes but no illegal drugs.

Edit:

Now i am 32. Have a beautifull wife and a beautifull son 14 month old. A good job and a good life in switzerland. My son is my new drug :)

Around the Network
Natsu said:
Ka-pi96 said:
Still waiting for someone to offer to sell me some drugs so I can find out if I get addicted or not...

Lol go to highschool I've been offered free weed a crap ton. still never done it though :P it smells awful anyways

Agreed. To me it smells like a run-over skunk, I'll never understand how people who smoke it can stand the smell.

Druggies are victims of drugs. We should not judge them for being addicted to drugs. A bad childhood, unfortunate circumstances in life leads to people taking drugs.

Addicted to gaming and that's about it. My job allows for it though so happy days for now.

I do smoke weed frequently because I like it, I don't think I'm a drug addict because of that, I have no problem when I don't take it for long periods of time, is just that I like the way it enchances creativity, sensibility, humor and reduces anxiety.

Around the Network
SpokenTruth said:
VGPolyglot said:

So, if it's "just weakness" like you say, how would going to jail solve that?

It doesn't.  And I have a feeling they don't care if it solves it or not.  Some people just simply don't give a damn about others and the circumstances they endure.

I Dont give a fuck about criminal scum, at all.  

Every drug dealer and junkie should get 1 chance then death penalty.  

Boost6 said:
SpokenTruth said:

It doesn't.  And I have a feeling they don't care if it solves it or not.  Some people just simply don't give a damn about others and the circumstances they endure.

I Dont give a fuck about criminal scum, at all.  

Every drug dealer and junkie should get 1 chance then death penalty.  

Death penalty? Nah. And I am glad to live in a country that abolished it decades ago.

They would be better served being thrown into jail, given rehab. And forced to pay back society, make them farm the land in an enclosed environment and donate that food to the poor and homeless. At-least some good comes from it all.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

I smoke weed/do edibles. But only for fun. I don't really see it as a drug though.

I think many here underestimate the pain and suffering the addicted go through. Punishment is not a cure for addiction in any way, the best thing for the addicted, for their family and friends and for the rest of the society around them is to help them kick the habit. You do not solve this by throwing them in jail, nor would it be fair.

VGPolyglot said:
Boost6 said:
Never neither was anyone in fam or even immediate fam, we were not raised weak.

The idea of a drug ruling our life is a joke. All it a disease or addiction is bs imo, its just weakness.

All druggies addicts whatever belong in jail.

So, if it's "just weakness" like you say, how would going to jail solve that?

It doesn't but you can't do criminal activities that hurt society while in jail to get money for drugs.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar