By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Has May been a good month for Switch games in your opinion?

I personally wouldn't call it good, but If the fans are happy then that's all that matters.

Around the Network
HintHRO said:
A full-priced 2-year old port and a slightly upgraded full-priced 20-year old game. This in a whole month. If people consider this good I must be missing something.

20 years ago we weren't even in the 16-bit generation anymore. Street Fighter 2 is a 26 year old game.

And yes, it should cost less than half its current price. Disgaea 5 seems a little pricy as well, it's priced like a premium title, when it really should be on the lower end given its highly dated production value. I doubt Nintendo will release Fire Emblem for that price, and Fire Emblem is a bigger and better game franchise of the same genre.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Forgot to answear the question:

"Has May been a good month for Switch games in your opinion?"

its been okay... or acceptable.
But not good.

PS4 had a much better May.

JRPGfan said:
PS4 had a much better May.

Not worth the comparision, really...

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

For me it's been........OK ish, MK8D, and I might pick up SF2. Not interested in disaga 5 or MC. Nothing game out on PS4 this month either though that interests me. Luckily I'm still busy with BOTW to care

Around the Network

Thumper, Street Fighter II, Disgaea, NBA Playgrounds... seems pretty good to me. Not great or amazing, but let's just say my Switch didn't catch any dust this month.

May 2-Tumbleseed

May 9-NBA Playgrounds

May 12-Minecraft

May 18-Thumper

May 23-Disgaea 5

May 26-Street Fighter II

Yeah its been pretty good, nothing mind blowing but a steady flow of small-medium sized releases.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

13 games released in the month of May when all is done unless there's a sneaky release coming up

Minecraft may be old, but it's a key title on any platform and that alone makes it a good month IMO.

All games:
Tumbleseed
ACA NeoGeo: Blazing Star
Nba playgrounds
ACA NeoGeo: Garou Mark of the Wolves
Dark Witch Music: Rudymical
Minecraft
Thumper
ACA NeoGeo: Galaxy Fight: Universal Warriors
Battle Sports Mekuru [J]
Disgaea 5 Complete Edition
Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers
Astro Duel Deluxe
ACA NeoGeo: King of Fighters '99, The

It's a solid month, not great but there's a lot of content allthough not as much as March or April but that's pretty normal for the month.

really enjoying my disgaea 5 complete

http://twitter.com/skyer7

3ds: 4270-1889-2005