By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Isis support in Philippines increasing and a battle to control a city (Marawi) has started.

outlawauron said:
VGPolyglot said:

I don't think you realize where Syria and Iraq are.

No one considers them in Asia. They're in the Middle East.

No one is a huge exaggeration. Even the UN puts them as part of Western Asia:

http://www.un.org/Depts/Cartographic/map/profile/westasia.pdf

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:
twintail said:

LOL

ill say that I am at least gald that he has declared martial law and appears to be taking steps to get this snuffed out

What good has he ever done while in power? All he's done is gotten people killed left and right, and now he's taking it upon himself to stop someone who's been doing the exact same as him. The Pol Pot's calling the kettle black.

Dude. Nice.

konnichiwa said:
Aeolus451 said:
Ugh. This is actually a little surprising. ISIS will likely get stamped out there though. Asians don't really play around.

It is not that well known but terrorism from local groups in south asia is pretty common including peacefull countries like Thailand.

This is the first I've heard of it.

VGPolyglot said:
Aeolus451 said:
Ugh. This is actually a little surprising. ISIS will likely get stamped out there though. Asians don't really play around.

I don't think you realize where Syria and Iraq are.

I don't think of those countries as Asian and alot of people don't refer to them as asian. 

VGPolyglot said:
outlawauron said:

No one considers them in Asia. They're in the Middle East.

"huge exagerration"?

So the first countries you think of when you say Asia is Yemen, Iran, and Syria? I don't. China, Japan, Korea, Singapore, Phillippines, India, etc.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

The Philippines government must crack down on these violent young criminal thugs.
Send in the military and crush the terrorist training camps and eliminate the threat

outlawauron said:
VGPolyglot said:

"huge exagerration"?

So the first countries you think of when you say Asia is Yemen, Iran, and Syria? I don't. China, Japan, Korea, Singapore, Phillippines, India, etc.

And you're changing the goalpost to "first countries you think of" from considering them Asian. You said no one considers them Asian. That is flat out wrong, as the UN considers them Asian, FIFA considers them Asian, etc.

VGPolyglot said:
outlawauron said:

"huge exagerration"?

And you're changing the goalpost to "first countries you think of" from considering them Asian. You said no one considers them Asian. That is flat out wrong, as the UN considers them Asian, FIFA considers them Asian, etc.

And FIFA considers Israel as part of Europe. Confederations don't make any classification definitive.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
VGPolyglot said:

And FIFA considers Israel as part of Europe. Confederations don't make any classification definitive.

Yeah, but you wre trying to say that no one considers Iraq and Syria Asian, which is just wrong. 

VGPolyglot said:
outlawauron said:

Yeah, but you wre trying to say that no one considers Iraq and Syria Asian, which is just wrong. 

No one does consider them asian. You're getting hung up on semantics that don't make any real sense in a pratical world. It's outdated. It's idiotic to consider russians to be asians when they even don't. Nor does Syria or Iraq consider themselves asian.