By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Red Dead Redemption 2 delayed so... is Zelda BOTW GOTY?

is Zelda BOTW GOTY?

Yes 350 69.86%

No 126 25.15%

Super Mario Odyssey is GOTY 25 4.99%

Total:501

Is The Last of Us 2 releasing this year?

Around the Network
wolflink said:
RDR2 could have launched this year, yet ZELDA would have become GOTY.

RDR2 launch is irrelevant for ZELDA´s GOTY award.

I'm sure people said the same thing in 2006 and 2011.

It probably would have won even with RDR2.

Zelda is so game of the year!

Lawlight said:
wolflink said:
RDR2 could have launched this year, yet ZELDA would have become GOTY.

RDR2 launch is irrelevant for ZELDA´s GOTY award.

I'm sure people said the same thing in 2006 and 2011.

Well in 2006 it kinda was, Twilight Princess and Oblivion took the bulk of those GotY Awards.  

2011 they got fewer but still a competent number, and that's the worst received 3D Zelda of all time.  And it was going up against Skyrim, one of the best received western RPGs of all time.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
Nuvendil said:

Well in 2006 it kinda was, Twilight Princess and Oblivion took the bulk of those GotY Awards.  

2011 they got fewer but still a competent number, and that's the worst received 3D Zelda of all time.  And it was going up against Skyrim, one of the best received western RPGs of all time.

It wasn't just Oblivion, Gears of War beat Zelda in 2006 as well.

And 2011's Zelda did pretty poorly really, being behind all of Skyrim, Portal 2, Batman Arkham City & Uncharted 3.

Wasn't aware Gears of War got that many.  Just that Twilight Princess did get a very significant cut.  

And Skyward Sword still got several as the worst received entry in the series after going 3D despite competing against Skyrim (among the best received western RPGs at the time), Arkham City (the best Arkham game), and Uncharted 3 which I don't need to explain.  Just saying, most franchises would kill to have their B game bring them in numerous awards :P

Watch Zelda win GOTY, but not Best RPG.  ¯_(ツ)_/¯

most of the time these awards make no sense.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

IMO Zelda BotW will be GOTY in any case.

vivster said:
I wonder how it will do that when it's not even in the top 3 Nintendo games of the year.

This post doesn't make any sense.

Agree, the post doesnt make sense at all.

If it were a sole competition between BotW and Oddysey, then I would put my money on the Mario game. It just has bigger appeal, bigger kommercial recognition, and based on earlier 3D mario games, its probably going to be a big critical hit.

Don't believe there are any other contesters for overall GotY award. Horizon might take some awards too