By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Daylight Savings Time - Let's eliminate it!

Should we eliminate daylight savings time

Yes! I agree 100% 21 47.73%

No, VGP, you're insane! 17 38.64%

I don't care at all, jus... 6 13.64%

Total:44

Ugh, I just hate it!! It's so annoying having to change the clocks twice a year? I hate having to do that. What is especially annoying and troubling is the shift forward to DST, as we end up losing an hour in the day! And that means an hour less of sleep for me, and I assume many others. That can really mess up people's day. Now, I know that some people may bring up farmers and the like, but look at this map:

A large portion of the world already goes without it, and I'm pretty sure that they have farmers too!

So guys, what's your take on this? Do you think that the clocks changing are a benefit? Or are you like me and want DST gone!

Around the Network

I don't care, it doesn't bother me. But it might be a bit complicated for the people who live in countries where some parts do change the time and others don't.

Just wondering... The countries that don't change, do they use summertime or wintertime?

Yes please. Moving clocks just to get more daylight for some people is just retarded. Those people can change their schedules instead of everyone (including them) having to change theirs.

Flilix said:
Just wondering... The countries that don't change, do they use summertime or wintertime?

I have no idea but for reference, wintertime is the 'normal' time.

RolStoppable said:
Flilix said:

Winter.

On topic: I like DST because even with summer time the sun rises around 5am in June. There's no use for daylight so early, but there sure is use for daylight when you are spending your evening at a nice place outside.

I'd rather it get dark earlier in the night, though. Though I guess daylight's unavoidable, I do prefer the shorter daylight time in the Winter.

Around the Network

Nope, I need my sunny 7PM in the summer, it just feels right

Stick on DST, don't change back to winter time. It's depressing every year when it's suddenly dark an hour earlier. Sure I would be bringing my kids to the bus in the dark in the dead of winter, yet I rather still have light at 5pm.

Luke888 said:

It would still be sunny at 7pm without DST.

Without DST it would be bright as day around here at 3:30 am in the summer. The sun rising at 4:30 am is bad enough, I like it better when the sun is setting at 10 pm rather than it rising in the middle of the night. So I'm kind of a fan of DST. =P

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

p0isonparadise said:
Luke888 said:

It would still be sunny at 7pm without DST.

Not really... usually in Winter by 5PM there's barely any Sun where I live...