By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Year 1 - Week 52 - Global Switch Sales vs WiiU/XboxOne/3DS/PS4

Tagging this one as well

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network
Green098 said:
Slarvax said:
You should just cut the Vita.

I didn't want the Wii U to feel lonely getting destroyed by the Switch ; ) Jk

Don't worry, XBO should face the same fate after week 7

Great thread. Ps4 winning so far.

Kerotan said:
Great thread. Ps4 winning so far.

Thanks, I expect PS4 to be winning for the most part (expect perhaps when Switch reaches the holiday season and PS4 would be it's summer months due to the aligned launches) although big releases like Pokemon or Animal Crossing could come into play to, so who knows how close this race may end being. The sweet spot would be between Xbox One and PS4 for the Switch to be a moderate success, but between 3DS and PS4 would be even better.

So switch is tracking behind Xbox One in the first 5 weeks, and is no doubt due for a sharp fall in sales in the same manner.

Around the Network
Green098 said:
Slarvax said:
You should just cut the Vita.

I didn't want the Wii U to feel lonely getting destroyed by the Switch ; ) Jk

PSV numbers are a good addition, as they help completing the overview of the situation and providing a complete context about NS launch being one of the best in the recent years. Also, PSV sales trend is interesting to compare with both Wii U and 3DS.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

The switch will also get the holiday season advantage in launch aligned so not for the total sales but for some weeks it might even cross the ps4 only to fall behind again when PS4's second holiday comes by. If Switch can keep selling at a respectable pace in May and upto ARMS release, I believe the switch will be okay in terms of lifetime sales. I strongly believe that if your first 8-10 months are decent then the console will stand the test of time. The Wii U failed that test hopefully the switch will pass with flying colours maybe even rivalling the PS4

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

I have a doubt, in launch aligned wouldn't the 3 big launch weeks (USA, Europe and Japan) be in the ps4 first week? Sorry, it's late here and I'm sleepy haha

pastro243 said:
I have a doubt, in launch aligned wouldn't the 3 big launch weeks (USA, Europe and Japan) be in the ps4 first week? Sorry, it's late here and I'm sleepy haha

Technically, but that would take too much effort to carry out, so it's just aligned to the systems first regional launch, which is the same as VGChartz weekly tracking. It doesn't make that much of a difference in the long run anyways.

Green098 said:
pastro243 said:

Technically, but that would take too much effort to carry out, so it's just aligned to the systems first regional launch, which is the same as VGChartz weekly tracking. It doesn't make that much of a difference in the long run anyways.

fair point, great work btw!