By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Trump revealed highly classified information to Russian foreign minister and ambassador

RolStoppable said:
the_dengle said:

Better they find out now from our press than in a few weeks or months from the bullet in their informant's head.

Our press has a responsibility to report the truth and hold our government accountable, not to shield it from criticism of other nations.

Firstly, the funny part is not the press reporting this, it's an official coming forward to share what happened behind closed doors.

Secondly, your mainstream press is not proper journalism. Your mainstream press is openly biased and reports stories from such an angle. What this means is that the press holds the government accountable when the government consists of the opposing party, but will shield the government if it's the own party.

The mainstream media contains both sides of the bias so there is always someone holding the leading party accountable.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

One week. Goddammit, I just want one week.

the less secrets the better.

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

RolStoppable said:
vivster said:

The mainstream media contains both sides of the bias so there is always someone holding the leading party accountable.

That leaves the problem that the proposed alternative to the leading party is always limited to the other party. The American people get conditioned to choose between democrats and republicans which means that neither party needs to be good in order to win the next election. All that's needed is to suck less which is why Trump got through the primaries and ended up becoming president. Essentially, a piece of shit is preferable to a steaming pile of shit.

That's an oversimplyfied answer to a difficult explanation.

Remember, during this election people barely focused on policies and especific plans for the country and abroad. There is a reason for that.

If you wanna blame main stream media go ahead but they barely got any pull in the Center and South of US.

RolStoppable said:
vivster said:

That leaves the problem that the proposed alternative to the leading party is always limited to the other party. The American people get conditioned to choose between democrats and republicans which means that neither party needs to be good in order to win the next election. All that's needed is to suck less which is why Trump got through the primaries and ended up becoming president. Essentially, a piece of shit is preferable to a steaming pile of shit.

To solve that problem they would have to revamp voting laws for example to the likes of Germany where the leading party has to have absolute majority. In heavily contested states this would give a lot of power to smaller 3rd parties.

But there is no chance for that to change anytime soon since the current system heavily favors Republicans. I've given up on hoping for change in the US to make it the proper democracy it always claims to be.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

This might be fake. But we don't know it feels like just the Hong he would do which is scary. I mean I hate USA government and Russia is basically the boogieman in America but come on. This is stuff that would make me scream at the guy I hate most in the world at why are you doing this. The stupid and absurd thing is that if a leak came which said Trump makes everyone kiss his little Donnie to pledge loyalty to him, people would believe it cause it sounds believable and that's the problem. If someone comes out and says that Drumpf leaked the nuclear launch codes or declassified them to the Chinese or Russians, even that is believable. This guy is an idiot and the congress is doing nothing about it. The scary thing is that if Drumpf was a Democrat with a majority in the congress, I don't have faith that they would do anything about it I mean just look at Hillary and you'll know its the truth. This is not about sides it is about how rotten American politics is at its core no matter Democrat or Republican. And I wouldnt even care about the failing state if the failing state didn't have the most powerful screwed up military on the world with a budget bigger than most countries and the largest amount of every weapon ever one if which are nukes. The only thing USA has less of in its military is its population because of China.

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

SegataSanshiro said:
So this is treason. Not only should this entire regime be impeached but put in prison.

Isn the president allowed to give away whatever infomation he wants? even if stuff from allies they dont want out.

Its not ilegal for trump to do so, its just a dick move.

JRPGfan said:
SegataSanshiro said:
So this is treason. Not only should this entire regime be impeached but put in prison.

Isn the president allowed to give away whatever infomation he wants? even if stuff from allies they dont want out.

The president does not have the right to share classified information that aid the enemy, that's one of the definitions of treason. However I don't know how you would define "enemy" today and if Russia falls into that category.

I won't hold my breath for an impeachment. If Trump was right in one thing then it's that he could shoot a guy on an open street and still wouldn't suffer any consequences.

JRPGfan said:
SegataSanshiro said:

A dick move that costs lives and vital cooperations in the battlefield.

Isn't the president allowed to do that if he wants?