By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Quick Switch Availability Poll

How has finding a Switch been for you?

I want it and found it. 176 51.16%

I want it and can't find it. 87 25.29%

I don't want it. 81 23.55%

Total:344

We've heard a lot about Switch availability (probably too much) and a whole lot of accompanying rumors. Whether by design or demand, it's hard to get one right now. Let's see how our community has fared.

Around the Network

I wanted it around launch and managed to find one between the 4 stores in town which would have it, just one machine, since then these places have been sold out on and off all the time but I would wager it's possible to get one right now here in sunny south west of Ireland.

ack... on checking up the store which would normally have a few in stock seems sold out of both versions both here and the next town over.

and

I know Smyths toys were sold out the last week and no idea with Gamestop, I don't venture in there anymore really.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

I pre-ordered mine the day they opened, so I was lucky enough to get mine before things got too hectic.

Ganoncrotch said:
I wanted it around launch and managed to find one between the 4 stores in town which would have it, just one machine, since then these places have been sold out on and off all the time but I would wager it's possible to get one right now here in sunny south west of Ireland.

ack... on checking up the store which would normally have a few in stock seems sold out of both versions both here and the next town over.

and

I know Smyths toys were sold out the last week and no idea with Gamestop, I don't venture in there anymore really.

You're not alone: https://www.nowinstock.net/videogaming/consoles/nintendoswitch/

I was able to get one, but I stayed up 3-4 hours after the presentation back in January so I could pre-order at Amazon.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Around the Network

I've been looking around, and I haven't been able to find any.

Checked Amazon Walmart Target BestBuy Gamestop and even Sears earlier today. None to be found online.

pre ordered mine and got it day one , but stock here in UK seems to be like everywhere else.

http://m.stockinformer.co.uk/checker-nintendo-switch

Pre-ordered mine at amazon and got it on release day. I havent actually seen any in brick and mortar stores but they seem to be in stock quite regularily at amazon and other online retailers.

The Saturn I went to see post release was wiped though, even the Joy-Con rack was almost empty, not sure how much they managed to restock since, but it's definitively not enough for their signature console towers.

Only had to wait a few days after I decided I wanted to get one now as MK8D was releasing the following week and stores all over were getting restocked. Got mine from an obscurely located Target the day they got 20 Switchs in.