By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GTA 4 on PS3 and 360. Differences revealed.

starcraft said:
MikeB said:
It's a sarcastic gamer joke article, but it's late for April's Fool. In a little over 85 minutes it's possible to install a complete dual layer Blu-Ray disc to the harddrive. The game will not even fill up a single layer Blu-Ray disc as the 360 version has to fit on DVD, at most it would be a little bigger due to maybe higher quality textures (it makes sense to stream this instead of installing this, a la Uncharted) or if they aim for lots of lossless qualtiy 7.1 audio, such would never be installed to harddrive but streamed off disc as well, like any other PS3 game.

There may be a harddrive install or the following comment simple relates to harddrive caching a la Uncharted:

"The PS3 hard drive and CPU should deliver a smoother GTA IV than on Xbox 360, not least because of texture streaming. Less loading, more detail and vibrant colour palette should make PS3 GTA IV stand head and shoulders above the Xbox 360 version."

http://www.playstatic.com/news/458

Also in an IGN podcast it was stated the PS3 version looks better, we will have to wait and see.

Other differences (we know near to nothing about):
- 2 non-free downloadable future episodes planned for the 360.
- Free home integration and features planned.

Other differences are just system specific, like free or non-free online multiplayer (said to be very good), drive noise, controller preferences, etc, etc.

Actually what IGN has said is that the 360 version is more vibrant but that the PS3 has less anti-aliasing issues.

I am talking about the podcast. Could be that they just didn't enable Full Range HDMI for more vibrant colors (for TVs which support this), lots of reviewers made this mistake in the past. For some games like Assassin's Creed it makes more of a difference than for others like Uncharted.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Around the Network

That was rather funny. I had never heard of sarcastic gamer until now.

Manchester United 2008-09 Season - Trophies & Records

Barclays Premier League 2008-09: 1st // UEFA Champions League 2008-09: Finals (Yet To Play) // FIFA Club World Cup: Winners // UEFA Super Cup: Runners-up // FA Cup: Semi-Finals // League (Carling) Cup: Winners // FA (Charity) Community Shield: Winners
Records: First British Team To Win FIFA Club World Cup, New Record for No. Of Consecutive Clean Sheets In Premier League, New English & British League Records for Minutes Without Conceding, New Record For Going Undeafeated In Champions League (25 games ongoing), First British Team To Beat FC Porto In Portugal, First Club To Defeat Arsenal At The Emirates In European Competition, First Team In English League Football History To Win 3 Titles Back To Back On Two Seperate Ocassions

Gamerevolver.com has an article up about the first GTA4 review being released which highlights the differences between the both versions. Its not the final build though. They say the PS3 version requires a 10 minute installation while the 360 is optional. Also the 360 version has frame rate problems while the PS3 is almost non existant. I would provide a link if I knew how to copy & paste on the PS3.

no wonder why the site is called sarcastic gamer lawlz.

Split screen is PS3 only.

Sweeeeeeeeet nectar

http://n4g.com/ClickOut.aspx?ObjID=131794

Heres a link. It was an unfinished review, but oh well. Its about as reliable as this article was. PS3 has better frame rate  less pop-out, most cars/people on screen, and allows split screen. It is also less cartoony. 

While I dont think we should trust any of this until we get a review from a trusted site, I wanna post this to see Rock on deny validity of this while supporting sarcastic gamer. Lol. 

Around the Network

Holy shit i just put that together. A 10gb install!!! How the hell does that work out?

If this is true, get th 360 version............. even if you don't have a 360.
Im betting ts fake though.

If its true then it sucks

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Heres a link. It was an unfinished review, but oh well. Its about as reliable as this article was. PS3 has better frame rate less pop-out, most cars/people on screen, and allows split screen. It is also less cartoony.

While I dont think we should trust any of this until we get a review from a trusted site, I wanna post this to see Rock on deny validity of this while supporting sarcastic gamer. Lol.

I read the article and it mentioned that if you wanted you could adjust the visual setting for the PS3 version to make it look more vibrant like the 360 version.  I wonder if the same could be done for the 360 version to make it look more like the PS3 vesion, and therefore this difference in coloring is pretty much neglibible.

wow so the complete version doesnt have split screen.

PSN: B_U_L_L_D_O_G_G

XBL: BiggBully

Wii: 6629 9857 7201 4139