By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Halo Studio Head Leaves To Work On Microsoft’s Mixed Reality

https://uploadvr.com/halo-studio-head-leaves-work-microsofts-mixed-reality/

“Today we’re sad to be saying bon voyage to one of our own, as Dan Ayoub – who’s worked on Halo games since Halo: Reach all the way back in 2009, bids us, and the gaming industry, a fond adieu,” the post reads. “Dan is set to begin a new adventure within Microsoft in Mixed Reality, where he’ll be pursuing one of his passions…the empowerment of education through technology.”

It seems MS is taking mixed reality serious. But empowerment of education through technology? Halo in VR sounds a lot more appealing to me.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
He's been there since Reach? Don't people usually say Halo has been going down hill since Reach?

Yeah, could be a good thing he's leaving...

Reach was awesome and so was Halo 4. 

Azzanation said:
Ka-pi96 said:
He's been there since Reach? Don't people usually say Halo has been going down hill since Reach?

That's reaching.

Halo wen't downhill with Reach.
Armour abilities were pretty terrible in my opinion, especially Armour Lock.
The addition of load-outs didn't sit well with me either.

By making Armour Abilities and Weapons part of your kit before a match even started... Means that there is zero strategic importance in trying to hold certain map points to pickup and retain control of Armour Abilities and Weapons like what we saw in Halo, Halo 2 and Halo 3. And that's the key issue here... The removal of strategic elements which added to gameplay.

Halo 4 whilst a technical masterpiece for the 360 had the same issues with its multiplayer, population also imploded rapidly after release.
The campaign was great, although the Story was starting to become a little convoluted at that point.

Halo 5 is easily the worst entry in the franchise.

That's not to say Reach and Halo 4 weren't good... They were in their own rights, but I wouldn't say they were awesome by any stretch. Halo: Combat Evolved was Amazing... It was new and it was fresh.
Halo 2 brought online multiplayer to console, that was awesome... And Halo 3 was just big and bold in every way and that was amazing.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Ka-pi96 said:

I was going to say the same thing

Spam removed - think-man

Around the Network
Pemalite said:
Azzanation said:

That's reaching.

Halo wen't downhill with Reach.
Armour abilities were pretty terrible in my opinion, especially Armour Lock.
The addition of load-outs didn't sit well with me either.

By making Armour Abilities and Weapons part of your kit before a match even started... Means that there is zero strategic importance in trying to hold certain map points to pickup and retain control of Armour Abilities and Weapons like what we saw in Halo, Halo 2 and Halo 3. And that's the key issue here... The removal of strategic elements which added to gameplay.

Halo 4 whilst a technical masterpiece for the 360 had the same issues with its multiplayer, population also imploded rapidly after release.
The campaign was great, although the Story was starting to become a little convoluted at that point.

Halo 5 is easily the worst entry in the franchise.

That's not to say Reach and Halo 4 weren't good... They were in their own rights, but I wouldn't say they were awesome by any stretch. Halo: Combat Evolved was Amazing... It was new and it was fresh.
Halo 2 brought online multiplayer to console, that was awesome... And Halo 3 was just big and bold in every way and that was amazing.

Well depends if your looking at it on other gamers perspective. Reach to me was a Master piece while i had the most fun with 4. 5 failed on a good campaign but its hard to denie its MP is superior to any other Halo game. 

All in all Reach is by far my favourite Halo with a compelling Story and 2nd best offering in the MP department. Its just a better package. Halo 4 had amazing visials, sounds and gameplay (controls) which only Halo 5 surpasses with no suprise considering its a next gen Halo game.

Azzanation said:

Well depends if your looking at it on other gamers perspective. Reach to me was a Master piece while i had the most fun with 4. 5 failed on a good campaign but its hard to denie its MP is superior to any other Halo game. 

All in all Reach is by far my favourite Halo with a compelling Story and 2nd best offering in the MP department. Its just a better package. Halo 4 had amazing visials, sounds and gameplay (controls) which only Halo 5 surpasses with no suprise considering its a next gen Halo game.

We are delving into personal opinion/taste here anyway.

As for Halo 5's multiplayer... It was basically non-existent on launch.
No forge, theatre, file browser, Split-screen Co-Op, minimal playlists, barely any game modes, micro-transaction filled, no strategy due to armour abilities and load outs, not a big selection of maps. It was a disaster.

But I do praise it on it's new movement system... And it's 60fps framerate, even if allot of elements in the game didn't operate at 60fps, which looked jarring and terrible.

By the time Halo 5's multiplayer had gotten to a decent acceptable level via updates and DLC a chunk of the population had already left/gotten bored and moved onto other games anyway. (I know I did.)

Halo as a franchise has been in decline as well in terms of multiplayer population and sales, it hit it's height with Halo 3.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

People saying that it may be a good thing that he left have to keep in mind that he was "only" responsible for non-major Halo releases, as in CE Anniversary, Master Chief Collection and Spartan Assault.

I agree that Halo 5 bombed hard with it's campaign but multiplayer was easily one of the best in the franchise gameplay-wise. And it launched with 20 maps (more than any Halo title before). Even though the map distribution wasn't perfect it's a stretch saying it had no big selection... edit: And Halo 5 never had customizable loadouts or a selections of armor abilities like Halo 4 or Reach either...

However, it was missing a lot of features you'd expect in a major Halo game. At least they patched and updated a lot of things but not having them at launch really hurt the player base.

Ka-pi96 said:

Those who really follow the story dislike Reach for story reasons, look it up if you care.

The actual game itself was notable.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)