By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - New Thief game and film reportedly in development

Tagged games:

Square Enix: "We don't have anything to announce at this time."

A fifth Thief game is currently in development alongside a film adaptation planned to launch in step with the game, according to film creator Straight Up Films.

The Thief film will be set in the steam-punk world created by the video game and tell a new chapter in the “storied world” of the series’ protagonist. It is written by Adam Mason and Simon Boyes, produced by Marisa Polvino, Kate Cohen, and Roy Lee, and executive produced by Sandra Condito.

Straight Up Films official film project page mentions the new game being in development. When asked if Square Enix could confirm a fifth Thief game is in development as per the project page’s claim, a company representative told us, “We don’t have anything to announce at this time.”

The fourth entry in the Thief series, a reboot simply titled Thief, launched for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC in February 2014.

Source

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
Around the Network

I hope that if they do make it that'll be more similar to the first 2 Thief games, instead of the new one!

I really hope they can make the series work. There's so much potential with the concept, as long as they don't make the same mistakes as they did with the most recent game.

VGPolyglot said:
I hope that if they do make it that'll be more similar to the first 2 Thief games, instead of the new one!

This!

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

The last game was easily the most boring game I've played this gen. Expectations low for this one.

Around the Network

The movie could be cool.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

VGPolyglot said:

The new one was nice, but I agree the first one was legendary. I still have The Dark Project on this very lappy...