Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network
BraLoD said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

Not for me! :(

I always struggle with dual bosses in Souls. Those Maneaters took me forever to beat.

Man Eaters were another story completely!
Mostly because of the arena, fighting both of them on a thin bridge where you could easily fall/get thrown was the real issue... though their both being strong physically and magically was also already a massive boost in difficulty if compared to the Bell Gargoyles, or Ornstein and Smough.

Good thing I beat the first one right when the second one appeared, but it was still tough. The only good way to fight them is at the centre with the bonfire on the round section of the bridge.

Their attacks do lots of damage though and is one of the reasons I wouldn't get a Platinum in this game.

BraLoD said:
GOWTLOZ said:

Good thing I beat the first one right when the second one appeared, but it was still tough. The only good way to fight them is at the centre with the bonfire on the round section of the bridge.

Their attacks do lots of damage though and is one of the reasons I wouldn't get a Platinum in this game.

Fighting then with spells was a lot easier, on NG+ when I boosted my physical oriented char to be able to use the fire pillars spell (can't remember its name) one well timed shot of those (though I only had one shot anyway xD) would take more than half of a man eater HP.

As you cross the fog, take a bow and fire an arrow in the man eater, it'll start running your way, quickly switch to a wand/catalyst with the spell ready and start running toward it as well, you'll eventually realise the timing to stop and cast the spell for the massive damage and not getting hit as well, put a shield up and run around it to the center in the elevated part (the one you described, though the bonfire is ahead, not there), and use a mana recovery item (if you were physically oriented, after meeting the based requirements for the spell you'll mostly likely only have mana for one shot), and wait for it to come, the other will join it by that point, keep the camera slight up and without locking on any of them, so you can watch them if they start flying for the magic attacks, which can likely one shot you, and use the pilar in the center to keep baiting both to attack with the punches, eventually they'll both attack together, closer enough to each other, to allow you to run a lit bit towards any of them (preferable the first one, already under half HP) and cast the spell very quickly before it can land another punch because this time it'll hit you, hopefully you'll hit both with the spell but at the very least you'll hit the closer one, and if one dies the battle gets a lot easier and you can proceed to full melee if you want or keep baiting the second one the same way you just did to kill it more safely.

Doing that makes NG+ and ahead much easier to fight them.

That sounds interesting. I'll see this when I decide to nplay the game again. My charcater already has upgraded magic skills so thanks!

That is how I beat Flamelurker, soul rays and soul arrows are very effective.

Twinrova from Ocarina of Time

Ornstein & Smough: The Thread

But it could use some Master Hand & Crazy Hand love

Around the Network
Miguel_Zorro said:
VGPolyglot said:

So, when will the public be able to play the game?

You already are playing the game.

Do I have cheat codes on then or something? I've haven't died or even lost any health!

Saturos and Menardi from Golden Sun

I know what is easily the most intense "duo bosses" experience that I've had, and that's the back-to-back Satans from Ghosts and Goblins on the NES.

The reason, of course, is that if you've reached them, you've somehow managed to get through one of the hardest levels in all of gaming and also go back, get the shield, and climb up to these two Satans with enough time left on the clock to fight them. Assuming you do this, you then have to kill both Satans back to back (with the odds being fairly high that you'll be in a one-hit-and-you're-dead scenario), and if you fail then you're sent back to the beginning of the level with the damn shield, which is useless for most of the enemies of that level (as in you'll have to farm for another weapon again).

They may not be the coolest bosses, but they've always been the most memorable to me as you're so damn desperate at that point to get through them. The following final boss (The Devil) is a cakewalk next to those two.

Biggs and Wedge - FF8

Zorn and Thorn - FF9.

Hmm, pie.

I always found O&S to be a really, really overrated boss fight. The first half is just running around the arena, trying to take advantage of tiny openings when Ornstein is in front of Smough. And then the second half is just a joke. But, then again, I just don't like Souls gank bosses in general. The only one I have fond memories of are the Shadows of Yharnam, but that's because they were the first Soulsborne boss I fought without co-op.

I voted other. Caroline and Justine in Persona 5 are pretty great.