By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 Hardware Sales 2015 vs 2016 vs 2017: New Years numbers posted. 2017 ends at 20.2 million

Would you be interested in a 2017 vs. 2018 comparison?

Yes 475 69.24%

No 81 11.81%

Total:556
LiquorandGunFun said:
i dont think even Sony thought the PS4 would be so successful when it launched. So many articles about consoles are dead.... looks damn good to me.

Just goes to show how useless game journalist are. They are supposed to be our voice in this industry but they are a bunch of the most unprofessional, reactive, sensationalists in all journalism. Its sad that the people the report for have usually tend to be way more in ouch with the industry than they are. Like most recently, gamespot (unfortunately one of the biggest outlets in the industry) took adobes estimates of november sales and ran with it giving nintendo the win. A shame when you think they should know better being that the gamers they are reporting the news for knew better. And they will not retract that news tidbit.

And don't get me started on reviews.

Around the Network
Barkley said:

We've got official figures to compare now!

2016: January 3rd to December 6th - 14.1m

2017: January 1st to December 3rd - 17.2m

Absolutely killing it.

Hitting the 20 million mark is pretty much guaranteed by now. Even if they will have their worst December by far.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

2017's Week 44 Numbers are up: COD: WWII week.

2017 has now reached over 13 million.

almost 4M up YOY......

damn.

November 11th numbers have been added.

Around the Network

22 million !

Star Wars Battlefront II numbers added.

Numbers for Black Friday week are in and it's the highest selling week in PS4 history!

Really deserved

tagging this, i was waiting for this update! PS4 is doing crazy numbers

2018 Hit List: Shadow of the Colossus, Detroit, Dreams, Spider-Man, God Of War, Days Gone, Medievil, Tomb Raider 3, RDR2