By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario Kart 9.. wishes

first i will start by saying that I hope they use MK8 DX as a platform this gen and just keep giving it more DLC. but if we need to get a whole new Mario Kart game in there, it should have the following -

-Remove Characters: Tanooki Mario, Cat Peach, Pink Gold Peach, and Baby Rosalina. there is no reason for them to exist and nobody wants them as playable characters. they have degraded to joke characters that just stop the game from being considered perfect.

-Add Characters: Diddy Kong, Funky Kong, Birdo, Petey Piranha, Paratroopa, Goomba. all of which have either appeared in past games and are not presently there, or are just staple Mario characters who would be great additions to the roster

-16 new courses, 16 retro courses, 16 bonus courses. If MK8 can give us a new standard of 48 tracks, then thats what i want from here on out

Around the Network

I don't see a reason to release MK9 on Switch unless they really change stuff up. No reason to have two mario karts on one system unless they do a bit to reinvent the formula. And for this I like the Nintendo Cart idea. Throw in some other big Nintendo franchises into the Mario Kart mix: Zelda tracks, Metroid tracks, Animal Crossing track, Pikmin track, Star Fox tracks, hell even an Fzero track where there are just crazy speed boosts everywhere would be funny. And obviously bring in characters from these series so the character list is more differentiated. Also if they could make deals with Sega and Capcom to get Sonic and Mega man characters and tracks in there that would be pretty freakin awesome. Have like 32 normal mario-style tracks and then 16 of these expanded universe tracks.

Also adding back in special powerups for each character like Double Dash had would be cool, though with all the characters they have these days they would have to come up with sooo many special powerups, so maybe not.

Another idea would be to call it Mario Kart Switch and the gimmick is that you switch between vehicle types mid-race. So all the courses have areas that are multi-surface where you could just between flying through an area, maybe jump in the water with a jetski, or go underwater with a submarine cart, and of course the normal carts. And each different type of "surface" would have its own types of items. They'd have to really expand course design to do this, but it would certainly offer something different from the normal MK formula.

Unless they do something to really change up Mario Kart they shouldn't just release a second normal Mario Kart on a single system.

I think the next MK game should be Mario Kart Maker!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

mario kart 9 double dash

switching between characters is a great gameplay mechanic and playing it online like that would be just nuts.

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

kljesta64 said:
mario kart 9 double dash

switching between characters is a great gameplay mechanic and playing it online like that would be just nuts.

Very much agree with this. If we're going to go crazy with character numbers and have double items, might as well add this too.

Part of me wants it as an optional feature but I'm not sure how the balancing would work

(Formerly RCTjunkie)