By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Darksiders III - 12 Minutes of Gameplay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pk_D2NSdOvA

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
Around the Network

ouuuuh those whip sounds :)

camra view is abit close isnt it?

Looks promising. The combat could use some more refinement, but its pre-alpha, so that's to be expected. I'm excited. Fury looks badass.

Graphically, it looks good enough, but the combat looks a bit boring or generic.

Also, as JRPGfan said, the camera is a bit too close.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

It's glorious.

Around the Network

Combat looks really slow paced...this is not a good first impression.

Visuals look good, but ya the combat clearly needs a lot of work. Don't know if this was an IGN guy playing this, or somebody who actually knows the game intimately, but it looked like basically the same combo or attack chain over and over again. Not a particularly good way to showcase gameplay for the first time. Pre-alpha or not, first impressions matter, and the first impression here is that this game is shallow.

Targeting also didn't seem to work properly, with attacks going just about every which direction. And wasn't there some talk of Fury having magic at her disposal? Again....I know....pre-alpha....but hey, if you're gonna put your game out there (and not behind closed doors either, but through a major publication like IGN) then you better be ready to show off something good to get people excited. 12 minutes of the same 4-5 whip smacks doesn't really do anything for me.

BraLoD said:
The whip combat looks boring to be honest.

Yeah thought so too, but the sound effects are on point.

JEMC said:
Graphically, it looks good enough, but the combat looks a bit boring or generic.

Also, as JRPGfan said, the camera is a bit too close.

Right? hopefully they zoom it out abit before launch.

Its probably because its a female character and they want to show off how great she looks.

*edit:

Alot of people here mentioning the combat looks rough.

Hopefully they are aware of it, and/or read youtube comments & places like this.

Whip gameplay is so boring to me. This is going to look better after a while. The camera needs to zoom out a bit though.

Game is looking good. I'll consider it down Tue line when it's on a psn sale for $20 or under