By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Leo-j buys a switch and.....

Tagged games:

Hello everyone, so the so called Sony fan boy me leo-j has purchased a Nintendo switch! I've had it for a couple days now! 

How did I get it? Well I dont happen to have a NEW 3ds xl(cuz it's a bad platform), and GameStop had a deal that u get 200 dollars towards a switch with a gba sp trade in.... unfortantely no Target around the Miami area had the device.... upon no further investigation most of them have received about 80 units since august..... and they sell out fast.... so I check istock and apparently Walmart in maine had the devices in stock. I call and THEY HAD BOXES OF CONSOLES! 

so i went and purchased it with MARIO KART 8 (Cuz hello a 9.4/10 must make horizon look like a child's play experience).....

i tried to set it up

it's super small(shockingly small) the entire set up is shockingly small...

turn it on

and I see.... a menu with one game and three settings.... capture news Nintendo shop or w.e

i play  Mario kart... all the levels feel the same.... I'm like um what... play online.... it's got like no friend invites.... play with a friend.... I'm like okay this isn't that Wii like experience everyone is hyping this thing to be....

I WILL BE HONEST, How the hell did the VITA FLOP? when this thing is legit the worst Nintendo system I have ever purchased EVER... (I have had a snes, n64, gba, ds, 3ds, GameCube)

like dude..... I go from ps4 to the switch and it's like a waste land and MARIO kart 9 is no way in hell a 94 of a game....

Anyone have a different opinion? Maybe I should get zelda and I'll be turned? Cuz dude if MARIO kart got a 94 and zelda is a 97, and Mario kart feels like a 30 of a game to me.... I dunno what to say cuz Nintendo games are always highly rated by Nintendo fans and I dunno how I feel about Nintendo games... I liked Mario on the gba but yea....

I'm not the biggest ps vita fan..... 

Okay so I see my post has caused a bit of an uproar here on vgchartz, I admit I played mk8 a bit more.
Last night against a couple people online and I enjoyed racking up points towards my overall ranking in the online space, and the variety in tracks that weren't limited to Grand Prix preselected courses. So my opinion has changed a bit, I've had the system for a couple days..... I'm just upset about it not being what I originally wanted maybe? Or maybe I did come into it with a bias? I dunno, I was really excited about buying one....

Fyi I didn't trade in my 3ds or vita..... I impulsed bought the last switch at Walmart.... and did not hesitate to get MARIO kart 8 over zelda.... because of my coming into this as a fun party machine to play with friends locally, vs playing by myself and relying on online social interaction..... not to say the PS4 doesn't have fun local multiplayer, but I can't exactly bring people over since they are busy.... but I'm finding that might be the case with the switch as well with my group of friends atm..... and my post is a little baity and Ranty, which I apologize for ..... but it was my initial impression, that has changed a bit after playing online last night ..... but not enough for me to change the 

mM
Around the Network

I wrote this on an iPhone 7 so if the grammar is horrific, I apologize for the inconvenience...

mM

First of all why did you judge MK8D and Zelda by its score?

You should have seen gameplay videos, trailers and the content to judge it.

And you are Judging a sytem by 1 game?...........

Pocky Lover Boy! 

leo-j said:

*Long post about how terrible the Switch and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is*

Anyone have a different opinion? Maybe I should get zelda and I'll be turned? Cuz dude if MARIO kart got a 94 and zelda is a 97, and Mario kart feels like a 30 of a game to me.... I dunno what to say cuz Nintendo games are always highly rated by Nintendo fans and I dunno how I feel about Nintendo games... I liked Mario on the gba but yea....

I'm gonna go out on a limb and suggest that, yes, a few people feel differently.

I must say, though, that for the amount of time and effort you put into locating a Switch I'm surprised you apparently didn't do even the slightest bit of research about what it is you were trying to buy beforehand lol

It's a bit rude of you to immediately contrast the Switch with the Vita, leo-j. Don't be so judgmental after only looking at a menu and playing a few laps.

Around the Network

i found zelda overrated too, ended up being given a copy by someone who sold their switch and fogured id give it a chance, and while i admit its better than i thought it would be, i still dont think its as good as people claim

Johnw1104 said:
leo-j said:

*Long post about how terrible the Switch and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is*

Anyone have a different opinion? Maybe I should get zelda and I'll be turned? Cuz dude if MARIO kart got a 94 and zelda is a 97, and Mario kart feels like a 70 of a game to me.... I dunno what to say cuz Nintendo games are always highly rated by Nintendo fans and I dunno how I feel about Nintendo games... I liked Mario 3D land on the3ds but yea....

I'm gonna go out on a limb and suggest that, yes, a few people feel differently.

I must say, though, that for the amount of time and effort you put into locating a Switch I'm surprised you apparently didn't do even the slightest bit of research about what it is you were trying to buy beforehand lol

But I did do research.... I was very excited about the joycons, which I think are very comfortable..... and I have played MARIO kart in the past( MARIO kart ds was my babe)..... and I trust metacritic usually so I'm a bit shocked to see how basic of a game MARIO kart 8 is...

mM

Have you played a Mario Kart game before or did you just take a leap of faith because it got good reviews?

NATO said:
i found zelda overrated too, ended up being given a copy by someone who sold their switch and fogured id give it a chance, and while i admit its better than i thought it would be, i still dont think its as good as people claim

I want someone to lend me zelda, everyone that played it says it's the best game e ver..... 

mM

Newsflash...it has been out for 2 months, most people do these things called, A YEAR IN REVIEW, not a couple of months in review. Give it time to flex its muscles, srsly?