By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. May bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

Jranation said:
Why is there 2 NS Grey?

I've got no idea. I wasn't including it because I assumed it was a clitch, but it's been there so long now that I decided it can't be a glitch.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

I want to point out that Minecraft NS, while being a heavily ported title and having nearly no advertising with a poorly generated Amazon listing (did not even have a picture a few weeks ago), is sold out currently on Amazon. I suspect if this game sells well then it will send a huge message to developers still on the fence about Switch. I also anticipate that while RIME is coming out first for PS4 and Xbox One, that the Switch title will sell more than the PS4 version and possibly eclipse the Xbox One version. If this manages to happen, the industry will be flipped on its head by the Holidays.

7 hours since last update:

HARDWARE:
#10 NS Grey (same)
#16 PS4 UC4 (same)
#44 NS Grey (up 17)
#48 NS Neon (down 8)
#80 NES (down 1)
#83 PS4 Pro (down 9)
#93 PS4 COD (down 8)

SOFTWARE (Pre-orders Only) **:
None at the moment

Does not affect this month: *
Software outside of the month only gets added if it's in3 the top 20: **

PS4: 3 in the top 100 / 1 in the top 50 / 1 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5
XB1: 0 in the top 100 / 0 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5
NIS:  3 in the top 100 / 3 in the top 50 / 1 in the top 20 / 1 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5

The PS5 Exists. 

tagged

I wonder how well the neon switch would do here if it got as much stock as the gray ones. I know that people in Japan get the neon way more. Actually, Sony does that too. Neon vitas are sold only in Japan along with many colorful 3ds models. I guess people in America and Europe don't buy colorful hardware

Around the Network

5 hours since last update:

HARDWARE:
#10 NS Grey (same)
#16 PS4 UC4 (same)
#29 NS Grey (up 15)
#39 NS Neon (up 9)
#75 PS4 Pro (up 8)
#88 NES (down 8)
#96 PS4 COD (down 3)

None at the moment

PS4: 3 in the top 100 / 1 in the top 50 / 1 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5
XB1: 0 in the top 100 / 0 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5
NIS:  3 in the top 100 / 3 in the top 50 / 1 in the top 20 / 1 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5

The PS5 Exists. 

Ninjapie7 said:
I wonder how well the neon switch would do here if it got as much stock as the gray ones. I know that people in Japan get the neon way more. Actually, Sony does that too. Neon vitas are sold only in Japan along with many colorful 3ds models. I guess people in America and Europe don't buy colorful hardware

I bought the Neon :) I think it would be more popular, it just receives much less stock. When I bought mine, for example, there was 1 Neon, and 4 Grays. 

9 hours since last update:

HARDWARE:
#09 NS Grey (up 1)
#16 PS4 UC4 (same)
#45 NS Neon (down 6)
#51 NS Grey (down 22)
#69 PS4 Pro (up 6)
#90 NES (down 2)
#94 PS4 COD (up 2)

None at the moment

NIS:  3 in the top 100 / 2 in the top 50 / 1 in the top 20 / 1 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5

The PS5 Exists. 

The must surprising thing here.....to me anyway....is how freaking consistent the PS4 is......that is freaking amazing.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Bandorr said:
I would like to see the Ps4 Pro do slightly better then the NS grey.
Switch, PS4, Switch, Ps4, Switch, PS4.
Makes a nice pattern.

And not an xbox in sight.

I propose that the lack of pricing for the Scorpio has caused people to not buy an xbox one/s. If it comes in at $400 then they would buy it, but if it is $500+ then they won't. Thus they are choosing to wait.

So my question is - do you think that is accurate? Do you think people are putting off buying ANY xbox ones until they see the price?

Would the slump get better or worse if the Scorpio price was announced at $400? What about $500? And then of course $600.

I have to think that Scorpio is having some sort of impact on the Xbox One. I'm sure there will be a boost to sales either way, but I'm pretty confident the Scorpio will be priced $399 (at least for the cheapest, 1tb version) because Microsoft wouldn't go to all this trouble just for some pr victories, I don't think. A $500 system would sell okay initially, but would tail off rather quickly. I do wonder, though, that if they show off the Scorpio as the be-all, end-all, if it won't further damage Xbox One S sales. Sony clearly focused on keeping the Slim as its big seller, which makes sense, given its lower price. Spencer has said the same of Scorpio, but at the same time they've also been much more focused on Scorpio than the One S, so the messaging seems a little conflicted.