By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. May bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

7 hours since last update:

HARDWARE:
#03 NS Neon (same)
#04 NS Grey (same)
#16 PS4 UC4 (down 3)
#65 Retron HD (down 18)
#66 PS4 Pro (up 14)
#83 PS4 Fool's Edition (up 2)
#89 NS Grey (down 11)
#97 NES (down 2)

SOFTWARE (Pre-orders Only) **:
#05 3DS Fire Emblem Echoes (same)
#09 NS ARMS (same)

Does not affect this month: *
Software outside of the month only gets added if it's in the top 20: **

PS4: 3 in the top 100 / 1 in the top 50 / 1 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5
XB1: 0 in the top 100 / 0 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5
NIS:  3 in the top 100 / 2 in the top 50 / 2 in the top 20 / 2 in the top 10 / 2 in the top 5

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

These are the best selling games of the month so far;

1. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Switch)
2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Switch)
3. Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia (3DS)
4. Injustice 2 Ultimate Edition (PS4)
5. Injustice 2 (PS4)
6. Prey (PS4)
7. Nier: Automata (PS4)
8. Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 + 2.5 ReMIX (PS4)
9. Horizon Zero Dawn (PS4)
10. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (PS4)

Damn. KH 1.5+2.5 dropped to #49.

13 hours since last update:

HARDWARE:
#05 NS Neon (down 2)
#06 NS Grey (down 2)
#15 PS4 UC4 (down 1)
#77 Retron HD (down 12)
#87 PS4 Pro (down 21)
#88 PS4 Fool's Edition (down 5)

SOFTWARE (Pre-orders Only) **:
#03 3DS Fire Emblem Echoes (up 2)
#13 NS ARMS (down 4)

Does not affect this month: *
Software outside of the month only gets added if it's in the top 20: **

PS4: 3 in the top 100 / 1 in the top 50 / 1 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5
XB1: 0 in the top 100 / 0 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5
NIS:  2 in the top 100 / 2 in the top 50 / 2 in the top 20 / 2 in the top 10 / 1 in the top 5

The PS5 Exists. 

I wonder if the current XB1 sale numbers will affect the Scorpio's pricing in any way. Before I thought Microsoft was gonna sell it at the price necessary to sell it at a profit, but if XB1 sales are as bad as Amazon makes them look it wouldn't surprise me if Microsoft decides to sell the Scorpio at a loss to improve sales somewhat.

Around the Network

I don't get this philosophy that Microsoft will sell the Scorpio at a loss to boost sales, because they love their customers and don't like money. I think even pitched at break even, that would mean this would be the last Xbox console, because it is fairly obvious that Microsoft realise they can make way more money from services across every platform, and having their own low selling machine is Already holding them back.

Jaxyfoo said:
I don't get this philosophy that Microsoft will sell the Scorpio at a loss to boost sales, because they love their customers and don't like money. I think even pitched at break even, that would mean this would be the last Xbox console, because it is fairly obvious that Microsoft realise they can make way more money from services across every platform, and having their own low selling machine is Already holding them back.

Doubt it mostly because of Xbox Live. Microsoft makes lots of money from Xbox live subs and since it's free on PC getting rid of their console business will basically be like letting their gaming division die since Xbox Live is what brings in the most money for the Xbox brand and if they start charging for it on PC they will have to compete against Steam which is free.

As for the sales it really isn't that bad since the XBO is basically flat YOY during Q1 but if expect Microsoft would want it to be more due to the xbox live but that's what happens when they announce a new better Xbox that comes out this year.

OP- The PS4 is doing good staying consistent and I'm happy to see the Pro charting. Nintendo is killing it with the Switch and Fire Emblem is selling well on the 3DS. I can see Arms doing around 300k next month which I'd say is pretty good for a new IP.

Crazy that the Destiny 2(PC) is tracking better than Xbox One.

FIT_Gamer said:
Crazy that the Destiny 2(PC) is tracking better than Xbox One.

It says a lot about how Sony has managed to subvert a sizable contingent of Microsoft's audience.

On amazon Japan DQ ps4 is fighting the flood of splatoon items. It's now back up to #5.