By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. May bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

Switch will probably win all months up to November. It will lose the last 2 months. I feel like XB1/Scorpio to win November and PS4 family to win December.

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network
brute said:
Switch will probably win all months up to November. It will lose the last 2 months. I feel like XB1/Scorpio to win November and PS4 family to win December.

I think we're still a month or two away from knowing if the Switch will go the way of the Wii or the WiiU.

Insidb said:
brute said:

I think we're still a month or two away from knowing if the Switch will go the way of the Wii or the WiiU.

The Wii U had already flatlined by this point (2 and a half months), and it was selling on average 30k a week globally. Compare that to the Switch which is selling 40-50k a week in Japan alone.

p0isonparadise said:
Insidb said:

The Wii U had already flatlined by this point (2 and a half months), and it was selling on average 30k a week globally. Compare that to the Switch which is selling 40-50k a week in Japan alone.

You do realize that this in only the 2 and a half month mark for the Switch, right?

As of right now, it's simply not readily available, so my point still stands.

Insidb said:
p0isonparadise said:

You do realize that this in only the 2 and a half month mark for the Switch, right?

In the Wii U's tenth week on the market, it sold 32k worldwide. http://www.vgchartz.com/weekly/41301/Global/

In the Switch's tenth week on the market, it sold 48k in Japan alone. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=226216&page=1

We are already far past the point of knowing that the Switch will outsell the Wii U by an enormous margin.

Around the Network
Insidb said:
p0isonparadise said:

Yes? That's why I mentrioned Wii U's first 2 and a half months.

Your point doesn't make sense becasue the Switch continues to sell out, while the Wii U was collecting dust on store shelves at this point. The Switch isn't another Wii U, get over it. 

StarDoor said:
Insidb said:

In the Wii U's tenth week on the market, it sold 32k worldwide. http://www.vgchartz.com/weekly/41301/Global/

In the Switch's tenth week on the market, it sold 48k in Japan alone. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=226216&page=1

We are already far past the point of knowing that the Switch will outsell the Wii U by an enormous margin.

I'm not talking about total sales numbers; I'm talking about sustainability.

p0isonparadise said:
Insidb said:

Your point doesn't make sense becasue the Switch continues to sell out, while the Wii U was collecting dust on store shelves at this point. The Switch isn't another Wii U, get over it. 

My point makes perfect sense, because we have no idea if this is sustainable.

It's sold out. The Switch may be another WiiU and have its demand fall off a cliff.

You don't know the future; get over it.

Insidb said:
p0isonparadise said:

It's sold out. The Switch may be another WiiU and have its demand fall off a cliff.

It's sold out with Nintendo shipping 250k per week, which means that demand must be higher than 250k per week. The Wii U wasn't sold out, and it was selling around 30k per week. This means that the Switch's post-launch demand is over eight times higher. The Wii U's demand had already fallen off a cliff by this time in its lifecycle. Your point is complete nonsense.

StarDoor said:
Insidb said:

It's sold out with Nintendo shipping 250k per week, which means that demand must be higher than 250k per week. The Wii U wasn't sold out, and it was selling around 30k per week. This means that the Switch's post-launch demand is over eight times higher. The Wii U's demand had already fallen off a cliff by this time in its lifecycle. Your point is complete nonsense.

Since it's sold out and my point about sustainability is supposedly nonsense, please tell me what the actual demand is.

Once you are able to produce that proven data, you will be right, and I will be wrong.

Until such time, I will remain correct.