By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why Splatoon 2 can be huge on Nintendo Switch in Japan

Splatoon is doing really well in Japan, I don't see how Splatoon 2 won't be huge..

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network

Looking at COMG charts, seeing it outsold DX XI combined yet again... yeah, really a no-brainer

Nighthawk117 said:
Of course Splatoon 2 will sell well.....however, it's the lack of 3rd party software that will ultimately doom the Switch platform.

In Japan, there's no problem with third party publishers, the big japanese publishers and developers are all supporting the Switch, and more games will probably get announced from them either at E3 or TGS

As for the rest of the World, let's wait until E3 until we make any real statements here. They where saying they would wait and see if the Switch would be a success (which it currently definitively is), so I could see quite a few new games getting announced there for the switch from them

The only thing that will hold it's success in the beginning is stock, hopefully there will be over a million consoles in japan and a huge shipment for splatoon's release.

“On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer.” - Satoru Iwata

Just look at COMG pre orders, And You Will ser that its going to be big.I mean, it already surpassed The original in à few days.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Splatoon is ridiculously popular in Japan, and it's being released on a portable, of course it's gonna do amazing.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Around the Network

I think if there's one thing we learned form the original Splatoon is to never doubt just how successful it can be. The original's potential was heavily limited due to the Wii U's sales and it's safe to say that, that's not going to be an issue this time around.

Ultrashroomz said:
Splatoon is ridiculously popular in Japan, and it's being released on a portable, of course it's gonna do amazing.

Not according to some people, i've seen a lot of people saying it will reach 1.5m lifetime sales tops, specially on GAF.

“On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer.” - Satoru Iwata

I don't see it outselling TW101.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Its been said before, but it will succeed because A)Japan loves Splatoon and B)Japan loves handhelds.

The only question I would say is how much. Sales in Japan are growing even with just Zelda (which has been more popular in the West), and IIRC the system is tracking better than other Gen 8 systems in Japan (3DS included). Splatoon sold 4.7 mill (give or take) worldwide. I don't think it's unrealistic to say the game will break 8 million. The only problem I see predicting sales is we don't know how games will be affected by the success of the system. The rising tide lifts all boats. The game could be carried over 10 just due to strong sales of the system. I already see this effect helping ARMS.

Visit my site for more

Known as Smashchu in a former life

I believe it's going to hit almost 4m in Japan alone.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]