By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo stocks drop 56.59%, what is happening? EDIT: 'Twas a glitch

Just noticed that in my stocks app on my phone that Nintendo's stocks dropped almost 57%... This cant be right, can it?

Proof: https://imgur.com/a/8IQcT

Predicted 15+ million lifetime-sales for God of War:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=234612&page=1

Around the Network

Google says no.

Edit: Wait wtf... multiple sites are showing it though. Must be a glitch though? Unless the whole Nintendo boardroom just dropped dead. (I'll feel bad now if that actually happened.)

Some other sites are showing a more conservative 3.4% drop.

I long ago gave up trying to understand the stock markets.... they dont work, as their supposed imo.
Its a rigged game, controlled by the most wealthy.

Or maybe they know something we dont?

JRPGfan said:

I long ago gave up trying to understand the stock markets.... they dont work, as their supposed imo.
Its a rigged game, controlled by the most wealthy.

Or maybe they know something we dont?

If something happens the stock market reflects it before the news even comes out.

But i'm 99.99999% sure this is simply a glitch. The drop is meant to be 3.4% on sites such as yahoo, it changes to 56% after a few seconds.

Around the Network

The lack of a 4G Switch is a huge part of it.

I know this is not popular on gaming forums, but it is a reality beyond our little world. The idea of a non connected mobile device is not hot, and the lack of a browser or any other apps/functions makes Switch quite undesirable.

The market backs those attempting to grow, not merely sustain what is left of a shrinking market. Switch is going to be a great device for about 20 - 50 Million people, but that is nothing to invest in. Give investors a Switch phone next year or the year after, and open that possible market up to 200 500 Million people, and they will be singing a different tune.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Huh ?

KBG29 said:
The lack of a 4G Switch is a huge part of it.

I know this is not popular on gaming forums, but it is a reality beyond our little world. The idea of a non connected mobile device is not hot, and the lack of a browser or any other apps/functions makes Switch quite undesirable.

The market backs those attempting to grow, not merely sustain what is left of a shrinking market. Switch is going to be a great device for about 20 - 50 Million people, but that is nothing to invest in. Give investors a Switch phone next year or the year after, and open that possible market up to 200 500 Million people, and they will be singing a different tune.

You don't know what are you talking about.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=227449&page=1

If Switch "is Switch quite undesirable" it wouldn't be best selling Nintendo console in 1st month on US market, Nintendo wouldn't have problems to keep up with demands for Switch.

Nobody really cares about 4G or browser on Switch, it would be nice thing to have, but its not deal breaker in any case.

That's not ... normal. Maybe a computer error? If not I'd buy, buy, buy, buy.

CNBC has Nintendo's American listing at just under $30 and their marketshare at $28.8 billion. They absolutely did not take a 50% tumble in Japan today.