By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - has nintendo ever lost money 1 finanscal year or will it happen

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Around the Network

I don't think so. At least not since NES. Maybe pre-NES. Check Nintendo's wikipedia page. It might have some good info.

prob not
it may happen but def. not in the near future

I imagine fiscal year 1946 wasn't all peaches and cream.

Since N64 I think the worst year they had was still $50mil in profit. (from memory)

Anything before that I don't know.

Around the Network

Nah

When was the Virtual Boy released? It should have affected at least one quarter. As for an entire year, I really do not know.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

RolStoppable said:

A table that has been posted very recently and was easy to find:

All numbers in US-Dollars.

And people thought nintendo was dying when they were actually making a bigger profit than sony despite sony having the most hardware. 

sc94597 said:
RolStoppable said:

A table that has been posted very recently and was easy to find:

All numbers in US-Dollars.

And people thought nintendo was dying when they were actually making a bigger profit than sony despite sony having the most hardware.

Nintendo finds a way to make a profit out of almost everything. There's no way this company is dying soon like everybody thought it would happen a few years  back.

I think never, and for you second question never happened.