By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Which consoles will recieve support from which developers? Top 5 Publishers (in terms of exclusive big games and cross platform games which will/should sell well) My guesses - Wii: 1) Sega 2) Ubi Soft 3) EA 4) Midway 5) Square-Enix 360: 1) Capcom 2) Epic 3) Ubi Soft 4) EA 5) Namco PS3: 1) Konami 2) Square-Enix 3) EA 4) Capcom 5) Sega Agree? Disagree?

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

Around the Network

If I am reading the above you state exclusive and cross platform, then the results should be easy to predict for PS3 PS3 1. EA 2. Activision 3. Take Two 4. Konami 5. THQ XBOX 360 1. EA 2. Activision 3. Take Two 4. Ubi Soft 5. THQ Wii. 1. EA 2. Activision 3. Ubi Soft 4. Sega 5. Square Enix

Lifetime Sales Prediction - 6/29/2013
Wii U - 38 million
XBOX One - 88 million
Playstation 4 - 145 million

Wii: 1) Sega 2) Ubi Soft 3) EA 4) Nintendo 5) Bandai 360: 1) Capcom 2) Epic 3) Ubi Soft 4) EA 5) Microsoft Game Studio PS3: 1) Konami 2) Square-Enix 3) EA 4) Sony Computer Entertainment 5) Namco Some slight alterations .

Games make me happy! PSN ID: Staticneuron Gamertag: Staticneuron Wii Code: Static Wii - 3055 0871 5802 1723

I expect a good deal of defects with japanese devs moving over to Wii in the coming year, with PS3 games that are also popular in NA going multiplat with the 360.

Once Wii overtakes the 360 in NA, and nears 50% marketshare in a few months it'll be interesting to see the response by the western devs

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

EA, Ubisoft, Activision Blizzard and THQ just shell out software left right and centre without much of a platform bias (is Infinity Ward owned by Activsion Blizzard). Although I expect the PS360 bias to end.
Of course, Sony will receive for more attention from the Japanese publishers than M$, although I think that the US publishers will give equal attention to PS360 because the EU sales of PS3 games will make up for the deficit in the US in many cases in the future

Around the Network

Interesting. Would've been much more so if the thread had gotten some air under its wings, but at least we got TheSource. =P

I think the biggest surprise for the Wii has been how Capcom has been giving it a lot of love, but Ubisoft not releasing, or even announcing anything else than RRR2. A year or so the situation looked like the exact opposite, with Ubisoft supplying two decent launch titles, and Capcom only giving a port of RE4 some time later.