By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo shared some statistics

Captain_Yuri said:
Damnn! Quite impressive numbers!

Does anyone know how it aligns with wiiU/3ds launch?

Here it is actually: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=226216&page=1

For Japan though.

Around the Network
KLAMarine said:
Captain_Yuri said:
Damnn! Quite impressive numbers!

Does anyone know how it aligns with wiiU/3ds launch?

Here it is actually: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=226216&page=1

For Japan though.

Thanks but I was hoping for ww. This is Nintendo's first attempt at combining both a "console" and a handheld and I am curious to see whether or not it can beat the sales of both the 3ds and wiiU combined.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

almost 4m for Zelda already!! well deserved, such an accessible entry for an already top-class series

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

Captain_Yuri said:

Thanks but I was hoping for ww. This is Nintendo's first attempt at combining both a "console" and a handheld and I am curious to see whether or not it can beat the sales of both the 3ds and wiiU combined.

That doesn't make much sense. Don't you think most people who bought a Wii U also bought a 3DS? If Nintendo had skipped straight to the Switch concept after the Wii/DS generation, would you measure its sales against the combined 250 million of the DS + Wii?

The intended benefit of combining home and portable console markets is not to sell twice as much hardware.

The attach ratio for Zelda is insane. I wonder how high it'll be at the end of the Switch's lifespan.

Around the Network
the_dengle said:
Captain_Yuri said:

That doesn't make much sense. Don't you think most people who bought a Wii U also bought a 3DS? If Nintendo had skipped straight to the Switch concept after the Wii/DS generation, would you measure its sales against the combined 250 million of the DS + Wii?

The intended benefit of combining home and portable console markets is not to sell twice as much hardware.

Yea but if it does come close or sells more... That would be incredible...

And yea I would cause the comparison would be interesting to make... Cause having a home console and a handheld has their own advantages compared to combining both into one and vice versa. The result of it will be interesting to see on both a hardware sales prespective and a software sales prespective.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Entropio said:
zorg1000 said:
Thats not Europe. Nintendo divides sales into 3 regions.

Japan

Americas (North and South)

Other (Europe, Australia, Asia, Africa)

Since Australia participates in Eurovision, it's part of the European Continent.

Are those maps to scale? Cause if so then either Australia is bigger than I ever thought or Europe is smaller.

psychicscubadiver said:
Entropio said:

Since Australia participates in Eurovision, it's part of the European Continent.

Are those maps to scale? Cause if so then either Australia is bigger than I ever thought or Europe is smaller.

Pretty sure Austriala is actually bigger than that scale. But yeah, Europe is tiny.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Slarvax said:
psychicscubadiver said:

Pretty sure Austriala is actually bigger than that scale. But yeah, Europe is tiny.

Here's a good video on it:

the_dengle said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Normally, yes, but the Wii U's contribution to the total value represents a failed product.  They have to at least want the Switch to sell 3DS + Wii U numbers.