By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Zelda BotW sold 3.84m in March

(1) Operating results for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2017

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild: 3.84 million (2.76 Switch, 1.08 Wii U)

Nintendo Switch, a new home console system that diversifies the ways you can play games, launched during this period on March 3
worldwide and is off to a promising start. In particular, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild has won immense popularity with
recorded sales of 2.76 million units (the total units sold including the Wii U version is 3.84 million units) and 1-2-Switch has been
generating buzz.

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2017/170427_6e.pdf

Around the Network

Amazing that Zelda is reaching 3m on the Switch. Also, Zelda BoW is the last WiiU million seller. Will it reach 1.6m like TP did on the GameCube?

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Awesome start! Still an attach-rate of over 100% on Switch.

Funny fact, Zelda BotW sold more in 1st month than Skyward Sword LT. :)

Well, that didn't take very long at all!
The best selling Zelda game on a single platform is Ocarina of Time on the Nintendo 64 (7.60 million)
The best selling Zelda game period, not counting remakes, is Twilight Princess (8.75 million).
Let's see where Breath of the Wild will be by January when they release their updated sales figures through the Switch's first holiday season!

Around the Network

I really hope this will finally be the game that breaks 10m for this series, preferably on a single platform, but I'd take combined sales. Zelda has been deserving of that feat for generations now.

Almost 4 millions already lol

Epic when you consider this game will have legs for years.

B-but Horizon Zero Dawn is supposed to outsell BotW...😉

Seriously though, great sales and I cannot wait to see the legs this game has. Well deserved and I am happy to see it doing so well.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Holy crap, 4 millions just in the first month.April will probably add another million, seeing how well is performing thus far.I think this will be the Zelda that breaks through 10 millions.Hell, even 15 is not out of reach.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Very nice, well deserved

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian