By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Could a TV DOCK save the PSVITA?

Tagged games:

Is the PSVITA dead?

It is dead. 65 67.01%

Not dead yet. 10 10.31%

It is in life support intensive care unit. 18 18.56%

It is doing great. 4 4.12%

Total:97

The only thing that gives life to the Vita is game support. That is the only thing that saves it.

But this could've been a good idea and they missed their chance with the Vita TV beeing this weird contraption that didn't work with every game.

Around the Network

Sony is capable of making something akin to the Switch, it's just very unlikely that they actually are. Methinks they're currently satisfied focusing on the Playstation and PSVR, at least for the moment.

It certainly couldn't save the Vita, essentially, but it might work with a successor... I just wouldn't expect one to show up.

Just like Fetch. Vita isn't going to happen.

Best bet is to release a successor or abandon mobile.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

If only Ready At Dawn made a God of War game for the Vita instead, it would've had at least one more sale then :P

It's too late now, time to turn off the life support and let it die peacefully in its sleep.

Pemalite said:
Just like Fetch. Vita isn't going to happen.

Best bet is to release a successor or abandon mobile.

Kudos on the MEAN GIRLS reference.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Around the Network

Sony admitted themselves that they have no further plans to support the device, and to my knowledge, they have stopped production (although correct me if im wrong). so no, it is dead, now lets forget about it

It is a shame, however, nothing at this point could possibly save the Vita. Perhaps Sony will try again with another handheld and take the world by storm. Due to the Vita's sales, Sony may not see that as a viable option.

its called the PSTV and its around 30 bucks.  If that was going to save it, it would have been saved.

It is too late for the Vita now. Had Sony made a 3rd revsion in say 2014 with 2GB of RAM, a USB Micro port, standard SD cards, and 4G things would be different. Especially, if they added things like PS Vue, PS Music, PS Video Streaming, and conyinued to support it with 1st party gamez, and western 3rd party games. At this point the tech is to old.

The best thing Sony can do now is make a PS4 Handheld. Tie it into the PS4 OS, and give it access to all of the PS4 software and services. They should be able to release a solid 4K media and 1080p gaming PS4 that can go head to head with the first Switch revision in 2019.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

I think it's way too late to save the console at this point. It's disappeared from most stores I've seen, and the shelf spaces keep shrinking for the system. There's the PSTV as well, which allows you to play most Vita games on the TV.

At this point, it's best for them to move on to other things. Perhaps they can try again with another handheld.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread