By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - WII CHRISTMAS!!

1) will wii beat the ds by getting over 2 mil sales in 1 week?

2) and if not will it beat the ps2 at 1.7?

i think it will beat the ps3. as for the ds i think it has the power but it all depends if nintendo ships enough copies.

just be realistic, who buys consoles during christmas? mothers who do the christmas shopping for their children. and which console would they pick, the wii with mostly games that are rated E a lower price and games like wii sports and wii fit which appeal to the mother as well. or the 360/ps3 with all of its best games where the objective is to brutally murder someone else. i personally would get the wii for my son (assuming i was a mother shopping for christmas presents).

3) which console would you get for your child and why?

the nintendo wii will outsell the ps3 and the 360 combined by the end of 2008.                           

PS3 will out sell the 360 june 2010.                                                                      

GOTY of 2008 is super smash brothers brawl.... hopefully.

END OF 08 PREDICTIONS:

Wii: 45 million         xbox360: 26 million       PS3: 19 million (made beginning of 08)

wii: 44 million         xbox 360: 24 million      PS3: 21 million (made june 08)

wii code: 8094-5344-2140-1400

brawl code: 5412-9565-3232   

Around the Network

It is not yet summer and you are already talking about Winter?

Bro it makes me depressed because I want the summer..

1. if there is enuff supply, yes
2. i think it will

ministaff said:

1) will wii beat the ds by getting over 2 mil sales in 1 week?

2) and if not will it beat the ps3 at 1.7?

i think it will beat the ps3. as for the ds i think it has the power but it all depends if nintendo ships enough copies.

just be realistic, who buys consoles during christmas? mothers who do the christmas shopping for their children. and which console would they pick, the wii with mostly games that are rated E a lower price and games like wii sports and wii fit which appeal to the mother as well. or the 360/ps3 with all of its best games where the objective is to brutally murder someone else. i personally would get the wii for my son (assuming i was a mother shopping for christmas presents).

3) which console would you get for your child and why?

I'm assuming you're talking about the single week sales record for a given piece of hardware?  If so that was the PS2 not the PS3 at 1.7m.

And to answer your question, I think there is a fair chance the Wii beats it this year. 

To Each Man, Responsibility

^^^ whoops i meant ps2.

the nintendo wii will outsell the ps3 and the 360 combined by the end of 2008.                           

PS3 will out sell the 360 june 2010.                                                                      

GOTY of 2008 is super smash brothers brawl.... hopefully.

END OF 08 PREDICTIONS:

Wii: 45 million         xbox360: 26 million       PS3: 19 million (made beginning of 08)

wii: 44 million         xbox 360: 24 million      PS3: 21 million (made june 08)

wii code: 8094-5344-2140-1400

brawl code: 5412-9565-3232   

Around the Network

It could do a 1.7mil+ week, but 2mil+ I am unsure.

If Wii Fit becomes the shit and the supply is there - yes, totally.

iFlower7 said:
If Wii Fit becomes the shit and the supply is there - yes, totally.

Wii Fit def. will sell extremely well....add in SSBB and MK Wii for holiday season 08, and u have a winning combination

1.- With supply yes
2.- It will(of course)
3.- Wii because don`t have violent games and have more games for the family.