By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft Results FY17 Q3. Revenue $23.56bn. Op income $7bn. Net income $5.7bn

Tagged games:

Tag

Proud to be a Californian.

Around the Network

Tagged.

Great results for MS. That's Nintendo and now MS with good results. Hopefully Sony follow this up with good results of their own.

Did MS give any figures regarding gaming or xbox?

Good results around the board, including xbox but Windows Phone is pretty much dead and burried, but great for MS and I think its only up from here, their products look very good for 2017 and onwards

Twitter @CyberMalistix

Kerotan said:
Great results for MS. That's Nintendo and now MS with good results. Hopefully Sony follow this up with good results of their own.

Did MS give any figures regarding gaming or xbox?

Around the Network

Good results, but they have some work to do.

I honestly really like the direction Microsoft is heading with Windows 10 + Universal Windows Apps + Surface + Xbox

Hopefully Scorpio will continue to drive up revenue and profits from the Xbox division over the next year. It would also be nice to see a handheld released. Phil Spencer talked about internal development on a mobile Xbox a few weeks, ago, but said that the focus for now is on the TV experience. I think when the time is right they should make an Xbox Phone, and I think 2019 is just about right.

On the same note, Surface seriously needs a mobile device. The Surface division saw $730M decrease in revenue due to the lack of a Flagship Phone. It is probably a little early to make the move, but we definitly need the Surface Phone sometime in the next 2 years.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

KBG29 said:

On the same note, Surface seriously needs a mobile device. The Surface division saw $730M decrease in revenue due to the lack of a Flagship Phone. It is probably a little early to make the move, but we definitly need the Surface Phone sometime in the next 2 years.

good results all around, the problem with the surface devision has nothing to do with lack of phones, it is the current Surface Pro 4 is pretty outdated being 2 year old hardware makes it impossible to compete with the current 2 in 1's from other companies like Lenovo's Yoga. The Surface 3 low end is even more out of date. I would expect a hardware refresh will go a long way to fixing those issues.

KBG29 said:

Yes Mobile has worked so well for Microsoft over the years, AKA I recommend them not to kept wasting Billions on something that has little chance of success.

Seems decent Numbers, How does it compare to last Year, Revenue and Profit?

The Surface line of products being down 26% is somewhat concerning. Hope these wonderful products don't go down the same path of Windows Phone. It seems that the current CEO has little tolerance for underperforming hardware. Distinctly different to Steve Ballmer's approach who would push hardware for growth and market share and for just having the presence in the hardware space. It would seem that MS are happy to stagger any new product releases (the slump in part is due to not refreshing the product line for over 18 months) and allow other manufacturers fill the in the gap. I guess their real motivation is to get W10 on as many machines possible - even on competitors devices.

Xbox 360 and Xbox One

Gamertag:  GamertagOz70

That's pretty impressive stuff. Hopefully next quarter is even better!