By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Macquarie ups its Switch sales views from 11M to 14.5M in FY3/18 !

Oneeee-Chan!!! said:

KLAMarine said:

Why not aim higher?

Switch > PS4

Switch >>>>>>>>>>>>>> ∞>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Xbox 360

Switch >>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Switch

oh wait..

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
Around the Network

Switch >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> iPhone

Oneeee-Chan!!! said:

Switch >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> iPhone

Switch >>> za warudo

They need some big third party games to come this year if they're gonna hit that number. Zelda, Mario Kart, Splatoon, and Mario alone ain't gonna get to 14 million in one year.

They need some big third party games to come this year if they're gonna hit that number. Zelda, Mario Kart, Splatoon, and Mario alone ain't gonna get to 14 million in one year.

Around the Network
Slownenberg said:

Sure they can. Just add Pokemon to the mix.

Slownenberg said:

3DS did it with just 3D Mario and Mario Kart, so I don't really see why a better system with those same big franchises plus moar can't do it.

Slownenberg said:

Of course they can.3DS started selling well when Mario Kart 7 launched on it for example.Switch needs more games to carry it after this year, but those titles, plus indies and smaller games to fill in the gaps betwenn the big titles, is more than enough to, in theory, reach that number.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Switch is still 50$ more expensive than PS4 & XB1.
I dont see it.... but maybe Im underestimateing the casuals & handheld users out there.

3DS did it because of a HUGE price cut. And I very much doubt Pokemon is coming in the next year. If pokemon does come then 14 million is easy. But I'd expect Pokemon for holiday 2018.

Now granted I think the Switch will sell at least 12 million by 3/18, but I'm assuming that number is based on them getting decent third party support by this fall. To do nearly 15 million is gonna take a couple more huge first party titles this year or some real good third party support to convince people that this Nintendo console will actually have more than just remakes, ports, and first party games.