By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Call of Duty WW2 and Switch?

vivster said:
Pemalite said:
It is possible. From a technical standpoint the Switch can technically do every effect the Playstation 4 and Xbox One can.

And I hope for those who have bought into the Switch, you get some Call of Duty loving. In-fact, I hope you get most multiplatforms.

Now you only have to factor in the developers:

if AmountOfWork <= 0
WRITE PortToSwitch

else
DROP 3rdPartySupport

Money and time should be the last caveat in porting Call of Duty to Switch though. :P

Game engines like Unreal Engine 4 support the Switch... But untill engines like Frostbite 3 are on Switch, we probably wont see those Multiplats.

zippy said:
A nice refreshing post to read, I am also in the boat where I want all consoles to do well and expand the industry.

Agreed. It's fantastic for the industry having everyone doing really well, it keeps costs low and provides for a greater degree of innovation.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network

I wonder if the Treyarch pity-port team still exists, or if they got disbanded after Ghosts. Now would be the best time for them to exist, but it's been a long time since then.

CaptainExplosion said:
Yeah, I'd rather the Switch got a GOOD first person shooter.

Sure, like Devil's Third

As a BF1 fan I'd love a historic war game on Switch. Is it possible tech wise, and at what res? It would have to be custom obviously and use fp16 precision wherever possible. if the Switch moves units, it will be worthwhile for 3rd parties. IMO Switch > Wii when it comes to alternative form factor and gameplay vs competition.

Miyamotoo said:

You do realise that Switch has different size cartridges? Higher capacity cartridge for bigger game (in GB), smaller for smaller game.

Sure, but at the moment maximum cart size is 32GB, where core COD IW requires 70GB. 

Around the Network
Kristof81 said:
Miyamotoo said:

You do realise that Switch has different size cartridges? Higher capacity cartridge for bigger game (in GB), smaller for smaller game.

Sure, but at the moment maximum cart size is 32GB, where core COD IW requires 70GB. 

Switch cart is basically Nand SD card and it can easily have bigger cart if it's required, and CoD IW required on PS4 around 45GB, so Switch version of game would definitely fit even on 32GB card with some compressed package.

With Nintendo's CoD track record I wouldn't be surprised if they ended up getting Black Ops 3 instead of the latest...maybe even based off the PS3/360 version too lol

I think it would be good. The uniqueness of a powerful portable console is awesome.

Earlier I thought we'd definitely see it announced but after talking with Rol, I think he may be right in that its just too soon to allow the dev enough time to port the engine to support Switch. I mean this game started easily a year before Switch was a thing to anyone outside of Nintendo. There is no way the dev teams could have considered a plan to have the game ready for a game launch this year. More than likely the yearly iterations of games next year.

V-r0cK said:
With Nintendo's CoD track record I wouldn't be surprised if they ended up getting Black Ops 3 instead of the latest...maybe even based off the PS3/360 version too lol

If you're gonna port a PS3/360 COD to Switch, better off doing Advanced Warfare tbh; at least that one had a campaign and wouldn't solely dependent on an online userbase starting from zero.

As someone who bought BO2 and Ghosts for the WiiU, I would likely pass on a switch port. There were modes in multiplayer that I never did get to try just because the online userbase was so small. There were about 4 modes in Ghosts where i could consistently find a game. More games isn't bad but it would almost have to be cross platform to have a big enough base where you could play what you want.

Oh and I kind of burned out on COD after playing Ghosts for a while.