By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony going third party is an excellent idea for gamers.

Tagged games:

Do you agree?

Yes, I find it reasonable. 186 37.73%

No, I find it is a stupid idea. 307 62.27%

Total:493
Oneeee-Chan!!! said:
RolStoppable said:

That kind of comment isn't appropriate here and can lead to a moderation. But since RavenXtra isn't unfair, he will let this one slide.

If you want to say something about how moderation is done on this site, you already know which thread is appropriate for that. It's the one where you asked why a thread of yours got locked a few days ago.

I don't need a reply. 

I'll do it anyway. This is not an appropriate avenue to criticize my actions and as far as I can remember this isn't the first time you've done it. You can either PM me your concerns or take it up in the Moderator Thread. There is absolutely no reason to mention it in the middle of a thread, which runs the risk of derailing discussion. Next time it happens I'll have to give you a moderation, so please just use the official channels from this point on.

Around the Network
Chazore said:
Barkley said:

You are trading plastic that contains everything you need to play the game on a compatible system. No matter what happens you can put that disc in a ps4 and play it.

I'm really confused that you're arguing about "owning" a game. Whatever definition or term you want to give it doesn't negate the benefit of having a physical copy that you (substitute desired word here)

The entire argument is redundant because you're not discrediting any of the actual benefits.

The entire argument isn't because you don't flipping own the game, you paid the right to sue it. The company owns the code, the system etc. You just paid to use the damn things. 

Also really, your own arguments against Yuri haven't exactly been holding insurmountable water. 

And? How does that affect any of the benefits of owning a physical copy of a game, which is the only reason to bring up Physical vs Digital. It's a pointless argument because Valdath likes owning the "plastic" because of the benefits. Saying he owns the "plastic" not the "game" is of literally zero end consequence, it's just terminology.

Also I wasn't aware I've had any discussion with Yuri today.

Barkley said:
Chazore said:

The entire argument isn't because you don't flipping own the game, you paid the right to sue it. The company owns the code, the system etc. You just paid to use the damn things. 

Also really, your own arguments against Yuri haven't exactly been holding insurmountable water. 

And? How does that affect any of the benefits of owning a physical copy of a game, which is the only reason to bring up Physical vs Digital. 

There are physical versions of PC games though. 

Considering that Sony is the market leader in home consoles the vast majority of the time, it would make zero sense for them to go third party. I could see if they were like Sega with crappy console sales.

jason1637 said:
Barkley said:

And? How does that affect any of the benefits of owning a physical copy of a game, which is the only reason to bring up Physical vs Digital. 

There are physical versions of PC games though. 

Not really, most physical PC games come with a code you activate on steam, then you download it, though you do actually get the privilege of being able to install from disc with some, though they mostly still require activation with steam.

Witcher 3 is one of the few recent examples of a PC game that was an actual physical release.

Around the Network
Barkley said:

And? How does that affect any of the benefits of owning a physical copy of a game, which is the only reason to bring up Physical vs Digital. It's a pointless argument because Valdath likes owning the "plastic" because of the benefits. Saying he owns the "plastic" not the "game" is of literally zero end consequence, it's just terminology.

You Don't seem to be understanding that you do not own the code contained within the plastic. You own the plastic "cover", but you do not own what is within it. Like the EULA states, you paid to use the license, rather than paid to own said license.

Also this isn't even a thread about physical vs digital, this is about Sony going third party, so bringing "benefits" into this thread has already lost it's purpose.

Saying "owning air isn't good" is just as pointless.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Chazore said:
Barkley said:

You Don't seem to be understanding that you do not own the code contained within the plastic. You own the plastic "cover", but you do not own what is within it. Like the EULA states, you paid to use the license, rather than paid to own said license.

Also this isn't even a thread about physical vs digital, this is about Sony going third party, so bringing "benefits" into this thread has already lost it's purpose.

No because the meaning behind Valdath's words is that he owns something that he can trade or sell so it's not pointless at all. If you buy a physical copy of a game, you own a physical item that you can do with as you please. If "benefits" behind physical copies are truly irrelevant then maybe you shouldn't have started the discussion of physical ownership and trying to discredit it's supposed benefits in the first place.

It would be great for everyone cause Sony has the best exclusives. Seems like the majority in here agree lol.

PotentHerbs said:
It would be great for everyone cause Sony has the best exclusives. Seems like the majority in here agree lol.

Yes. That's why the suggestion was made in the OP.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Barkley said:
Chazore said:

No because the meaning behind Valdath's words is that he owns something that he can trade or sell so it's not pointless at all. If you buy a physical copy of a game, you own a physical item that you can do with as you please. If "benefits" behind physical copies are truly irrelevant then maybe you shouldn't have started the discussion of physical ownership and trying to discredit it's supposed benefits in the first place.

"OWNERSHIP. Licensor retains all right, title and interest to the Software, including, but not limited to, all copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets, trade names, proprietary rights, patents, titles, computer codes, audiovisual effects, themes, characters, character names, stories, dialog, settings, artwork, sounds effects, musical works, and moral rights. The Software is protected by United States copyright and trademark law and applicable laws and treaties throughout the world. The Software may not be copied, reproduced or distributed in any manner or medium, in whole or in part, without prior written consent from Licensor. Any persons copying, reproducing or distributing all or any portion of the Software in any manner or medium, will be willfully violating the copyright laws and may be subject to civil and criminal penalties in the US or their local country."

Maybe you should keep back on track rather than continuing the take it off course. Maybe you shouldn't try discrediting the other benefits that can come with going third party as well.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"