By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Melee remake for Switch?

Do you want Super Smash Bros. Melee remade for Switch?

Game set!! (Yes) 48 37.80%

Failure... (No) 79 62.20%

Total:127

Look... no. 

The rumor was never about a remake it was always about a remaster. And it wasn't really a rumor, just a bunch of fans from the Melee tourney community demanding Melee HD.

They want a remaster for 2 things

1) They literally don't want the game itself changed in the slightest

2) They want to be able stop carrying CRTs every tournament.

It makes alot more sense to unite the Wii U and 3DS content, make Melee HD, then make the next game over a remake Melee.

Also you may be hearing about it recently because of the big announcement that happened at CEODreamland yesterday.

Around the Network
Cloudman said:
Yeah, sure. I'm sure people would love that a lot. Just as long as they don't change anything...

AT ALL!!

At which point I ask, what is the point?? May as well just do the Smash 4 port, they would sell the same anyway (actually 4 would probs sell better and cost less).

ktay95 said:
Cloudman said:
Yeah, sure. I'm sure people would love that a lot. Just as long as they don't change anything...

AT ALL!!

At which point I ask, what is the point?? May as well just do the Smash 4 port, they would sell the same anyway (actually 4 would probs sell better and cost less).

Well, I guess because there's still a really strong dedicated base that still play that version... Not everyone wanted to move on, haha.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

It's never happening.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

I would much prefer a Smash 4 port over Melee

wouldn't really mind either way if Melee comes after that though

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network
Platina said:

Well, for me it'd depend on if they added more single-player modes for Smash 4. I have no friends, so I play games alone, and Melee was able to keep me occupied much longer than Smash 4 was.

I guess I could see a digital remaster, but why remake a game that has less modes, fighters, stages, etc. than the last two entries? Brawl was, IMO, better in almost every way than Melee. People can argue about wave-dashing and character balance all they want, but there really isn't a very strong argument against the fact that Brawl has far more overall CONTENT, and much more to do in the game. The Adventure Mode especially is fantastic.

The Wii U game also could have been great, if not for the fact that Sakurai phoned it in and DIDN'T include any kind of Adventure Mode, at all. Which, to me, really brought the overall game down.

VGPolyglot said:
Platina said:

Well, for me it'd depend on if they added more single-player modes for Smash 4. I have no friends, so I play games alone, and Melee was able to keep me occupied much longer than Smash 4 was.

The real question is, would they add more characters or have balance patches? The Melee community is still going strong and with balances, I'm not sure if they would even want to move to this version

A VC port, maybe :p

| |

Platina said:
VGPolyglot said:

The real question is, would they add more characters or have balance patches? The Melee community is still going strong and with balances, I'm not sure if they would even want to move to this version

Well, I'd be a bit more willing to have changes like that, because I'm not a tournament player. However, I doubt that they would want that.

VGPolyglot said:
Platina said:

Well, I'd be a bit more willing to have changes like that, because I'm not a tournament player. However, I doubt that they would want that.

I'm also not a competitive player, so I don't really see the need to go back to Melee when I could just play Smash 4, with a lot more characters, stages, etc.

I think a Melee remake would try to appeal to the competitive so I doubt they would want changes in gameplay or they wouldn't bother upgrading, which is why a VC or port version would be better in that sense

| |