Forums - Gaming Discussion - None of the blockbuster 3rd party games coming to switch 2017

Switch lifetime figures?

12-15 million 72 7.05%

15-20 million 58 5.68%

20-25 million 78 7.64%

25-30 million 119 11.66%

Way more than the above 694 67.97%

Total:1,021
mountaindewslave said:

Destiny 2 is not a huge loss in terms of what the overall gaming audience is into, its certainly not a Call of Duty level game at this point.

Call of Duty I wouldn't be so sure won't come to the Switch.  I don't think that's a certain thing at this point.

Red Dead is unfortunate... but its Rockstar and a pretty adult game that will likely be graphically pushing boundaries. That one is probably the biggest loss but also the most obvious. 

I do want to point this out- the Switch just came out a few months ago. A lot of these games were heavy in development and maybe even DONE (essentially) before the Switch came out. Generally a big new game is not going to be developed for an unknown factor console, particularly after the Wii U trainwreck.

I'd say if the Switch sells well through this year then 2018 would be a better year to determine if the systems going to get third parties on board. We currently don't know if more big 3rd party stuff will be in 2017, but the system is just too new to really have expected a big jump in from developers. Again, after the Wii U why would anyone be lining up for a hybrid dangerous concept.

if the Switch gets none of the big EA or Activision stuff in 2018 then I'd say it would be fair at that point to start suggesting that Nintendo had failed to get them on board again. Wayyyy too fucking early now though to begin speculating 

I think there's something else going on. Lego City port was also finished for years before it came to Switch and other consoles, releasing all at the same time. But for some reason, Skyrim, Rayman Legends, Street Fighter II, Xenoverse 2 and Dragon Quest X releases are months/seasons away while they were finished at Switch launch. Skyrim is even a 2011 game. Street Fighter is a 2D remake of a SNES game. I think Nintendo screwed up by not giving so many developers any information about the Switch way before release. As a consequence there will be enormous droughts in 2017 and these droughts will be filled up with full-priced downgraded ports and occasionally an original Nintendo game. 

Around the Network
twintail said:
Goodnightmoon said:
Breath of The Wild, Splatoon 2, MK Deluxe, Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and Mario Oddissey are not being released on ps4 or XBO

Does this bold well for their futures?

I dont recall the PS3 or X360 failing because it lacked these IPs.

WiiU on the other hand...

No. Those actually failed for their lack Wii Sports, Wii Fit, Wii Play, Twilight Princess, Mario Kart Wii, Super Smash Bros Brawl and Super Mario Galaxy.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Pavolink said:
twintail said:

I dont recall the PS3 or X360 failing because it lacked these IPs.

WiiU on the other hand...

No. Those actually failed for their lack Wii Sports, Wii Fit, Wii Play, Twilight Princess, Mario Kart Wii, Super Smash Bros Brawl and Super Mario Galaxy.

Pls bruh, Kinect Adventures! would like a word with you. Well for the most part of your post, not obviously admist Wii Sport.

Flilix said:
KazumaKiryu said:

Persona 5

Final Fantasy 15
Yakuza Zero & Y6
Ni-Oh
Nier Automata

Star Wars Battlefront II
Red Dead Redemption 2

Tekken 7

Destiny 2

Mass Effect Andromeda

Darksiders III
Death Stranding

Ni No Kuni 2

Next GTA, Far Cry ect

all AAA-Games and Blockbuster coming for PS4, but none for Switch. Many other "important" Games like Call of Duty, next Shadow of Mordor and Battlefield ect too. It say everything. for the Switch are 90 % Minigames the future, i think. for other console(s) big and beautiful Games-Support by Publisher. my forecast: A stronger Switch-Hardware coming 2018 with better graphic, details & features ! its the only chance for nintendo, for more big games-support.

Breath of the Wild
1-2-Switch

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Splatoon 2
ARMS

Super Mario Odyssey
Minecraft
Fire Emblem
Xenoblade 2

Next Pokémon, Animal Crossing ect

What's your point?

Ignoring the bolded because they are "exclusive" and I have no idea why he included those games, the point I would think is the same as the thread title....big 3rd party AAA games that may not end up on the Switch. Why that is so hard to understand I just don't get. Like why do people keep posting the same 1st party games? We know all about those. The thread is about the big 3rd party AAA games that the Switch may miss out on.

Even though personally I say let's juts sit back and wait and see how the Switch does in teh long run along with wait and see how 3rd party game pan out on the system and how/if it will have an impact on it.

Azuren said:
Flilix said:

Breath of the Wild
1-2-Switch

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Splatoon 2
ARMS

Super Mario Odyssey
Minecraft
Fire Emblem
Xenoblade 2

What's your point?

Did you really include 1-2 Switch in that? That's reaching pretty far.

I have to agree with that one.....

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Azuren said:
Flilix said:

Breath of the Wild
1-2-Switch

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Splatoon 2
ARMS

Super Mario Odyssey
Minecraft
Fire Emblem
Xenoblade 2

What's your point?

It can sell a lot better than Yakuza or Darksiders. It's about sales and not about quality here.

TheBlackNaruto said:

Ignoring the bolded because they are "exclusive" and I have no idea why he included those games, the point I would think is the same as the thread title....big 3rd party AAA games that may not end up on the Switch. Why that is so hard to understand I just don't get. Like why do people keep posting the same 1st party games? We know all about those. The thread is about the big 3rd party AAA games that the Switch may miss out on.

Even though personally I say let's juts sit back and wait and see how the Switch does in teh long run along with wait and see how 3rd party game pan out on the system and how/if it will have an impact on it.

What does it matter if they're third party or not? The PS4 is missing out on a lot of games too, but he was acting like PS4 is getting all big games and Switch is getting none.

Around the Network
leo-j said:

DESTINY 2(Coming of what is considered the 2nd biggest franchise this gen)

STAR WARS BATTLE FRONT 2(Millions guaranteed as it launches near the movie)

RED DEAD REDEMPTION (the country GTA)

those three are likely going to sell well over 10 million units..... and will release on PS4/xbone/pc

no switch announcements...... does this bold well for its future? I think not....

Which is why I have a great gaming PC.  Between that and the Switch, my "consoles" will get little use going forward.

Stop hating and start playing.

How many of you people bought a GC, Wii or Wii U for the 3rd party games?

Raise your hands.

Why don't I see any hands? According to this thread, I should be seeing a ton of hands.

Massimus - "Trump already has democrat support."

Aeolus451 said:
joora said:

When you have the by far the storngest first party out of the big three, why would you push 3rd parties at the expense of your products (and your core business)? Their games might lack blood and gore, but they are not all "tailored-made for kids". There is a reason why movie producers try to lower the age rating, many times at the expense of the movie quality, and that is wider audience = more $$$.And, while I would personally like to be able to play some games with a different atmosphere than the typical nintendo games, I fully respect what they are doing.

Almost every dev said that porting to the switch was easy, so Nintenod isn't blocking 3rd parties with the complex hardware.

Suda was been able to publish No More Heroes on Wii, Manhunt 2 was on wii, heck - Nintendo even paid for Bayonetta 2 on Wii U, so it is obvious that Nintendo doesn't have problem with "adult" games on their systems (as in violence, blood and gore...).

So, Nintendo doesn't have any need or obligation to do the heavy lifting for 3rd parties - they simply can survive without them (unlike MS and even Sony). Of course, they would be happier to have 3rd party support, at least major AAA releases, but if the publishers are going to ignore the install base, it's not Nintendo's problem.

And regarding the "trying to be different for the sake of being different that doesn't bring in any real value to gaming" part. Just a reminder:

- d-pad
- widespread use of analog sticks (thimbsticks)
- shoulder buttons
- rumble
- four face button layout

all those can be attributed to nintnedo, so please educate yourself before making silly statements.

This crap right here is why nintendo will eventually go 3rd party. It doesn't go out of its way to court 3rd party devs/pubs or change it's ways. It doesn't need 3rd party games to sell it's console to it's already convinced fans but it would go a long way to attracting gamers who aren't interested in their staple 1st party games to their consoles. What's so hard about understanding that? Also, the logical reason for a company to do that is to make more money. 

Do you understand that for more than a decade people are predicting doom for Nintendo and saying that they will evenutally go 3rd party?

Yet, in the meantime, they managed to produce a 100m home console and 150m handheld, and they raked in the amount of cash in their war chest to last them at least three or more Wii U - grade failures. Why go 3rd party when you can sell millions of hardware, gain maximum profits for your first-party releases, and get licence fees from 3rd party sales?

My main gaming platform is PC, and I have more than 400 games on Steam, yet lately I play mainly on Switch, because it's more convenient for me. And before you mention comfort of TV and couch - I have a second, dedicated gaming PC with controller and Steam big picture mode hooked on the living room TV. I'm not a Nintendo fan, had game boy and Wii, but also X360 and PS2. 

If I was in 3rd party's shoes, I would scramble to port every new and (good) old title that could be playable on Switch. For a generation that are not anchored to the table or couch (because of smartphones and tablets), it offers by far the best flexibility for gaming.

So, in my eyes, Nintendo is obviously doing something right this gen, 3rd party support or not.

SpokenTruth said:

Raise your hands.

Why don't I see any hands? According to this thread, I should be seeing a ton of hands.

They're probably going to give you an answer like "We didn't buy these consoles because they didn't have any 3rd party games".

Flilix said:
Azuren said:

It can sell a lot better than Yakuza or Darksiders. It's about sales and not about quality here.

TheBlackNaruto said:

What does it matter if they're third party or not? The PS4 is missing out on a lot of games too, but he was acting like PS4 is getting all big games and Switch is getting none.

Because THAT is what the thread was about big AAA 3rd party games lol. Look for me Nintendo exclusives are what sell Nintendo consoles. But the thread we are in....was speaking of big 3rd party AAA games that the Switch might miss out on. And since you said the PS4 is missing out on a lot of games too what big 3rd party AAA games is the PS4 missing out on because that is what the thread is about? And he was correct in his post outside of the ones I put in bold....the PS4 is gettin all those big 3rd party games and the Switch might not be getting any of them.

And 3rd party games matter because they are what fill the gap between 1st party games releasing. Again for me it is the 1st party games that sell Nin consoles. And they have some amazing ones. ANd I personally think we all should wait and see how the Switch continues to sell in the next few months before we judge it and we should wait to see how/if 3rd party games and sells will impact it.

SpokenTruth said:

Raise your hands.

Why sould you see a ton of hands according to this thread? I don't get it....

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23